Royal 2000 / Factory Recreation

Domino

Some of have seen this topic on Dootalk, but it is good information for those in the market for a gently ridden sled.

http://www.dootalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=326740&st=15

I have seen Royal move around a number of times. The first time I came across them they were in an industrial area south of Wislon and west of Jane in Toronto. They shared a building with a bunch of corvette restoration by the looks of it. I went to look at a specific sled they advertised in the trader. The price seemed to be too good to be true. The ad had just gone online that morning and I was there just after they opened and they told me it was sold. The sled had supposedly already left the building. They did have others though that weren't anywhere near as good a deal. Maybe a bit of the bait and switch tactic. One of the sleds they showed me had 1900 KM on the odometer however the track was basically worn out. Didn't seem to jive. Shortly after that they were south of Lawrence east of Keele in a more upscale building. Similar situation. I would tend to check a sled out real well before buying there.

I did buy my wife a used Legend 700 from Factory Rec in Midland and was quite happy. We off loaded it and took it for a quick lap and found it overheating and loosing coolant. Took it back to them and they looked at it right away. It was a bad o ring. They fixed it for me and delivered the sled back to us in the middle of the week so that we didn't lose any weekend riding time. No regrets.....

N.B. there are a number of shisters out there. I was looking to trade in an old sled and had a couple of people offer to sell me speedo's with low KM's for $100.00.

Archived