An Insult to Volunteers

Running Wild

I'm sure this example or little or no support from a business to a Club or District is repeated many hundreds of times over all across the province. Maybe they can't afford the$500 ad on the map, but do the support the local club in other ways? Maybe a overnight or weekend stay, maybe a meeting room for your meetings or even just a few meals or something.

I know there some places that just wont support snowmobiling even though it brings big business right to their door every year, but most lodges realize the benefit or marketing and working with the people who can bring business to their door. It's hard for a Club and requires a lot of work but if both parties are willing to work together and develop a marketing plan, then maybe the Club can help increase the traffic to the business and in turn this will help your club sell permits and fund your business. It most likely won't happen over night and might take a couple years but if we help them then they can help us. Unfortunately we as Clubs have very poor skills at marketing our product.

Rather than condemning a business that maybe cant support the trail system, lets work with them. It might be just as simple as adding a few signs on the trail to start for this year and building on that.

I'm sure this example or little or no support from a business to a Club or District is repeated many hundreds of times over all across the province. Maybe they can't afford the$500 ad on the map, but do the support the local club in other ways? Maybe a overnight or weekend stay, maybe a meeting room for your meetings or even just a few meals or something.

I know there some places that just wont support snowmobiling even though it brings big business right to their door every year, but most lodges realize the benefit or marketing and working with the people who can bring business to their door. It's hard for a Club and requires a lot of work but if both parties are willing to work together and develop a marketing plan, then maybe the Club can help increase the traffic to the business and in turn this will help your club sell permits and fund your business. It most likely won't happen over night and might take a couple years but if we help them then they can help us. Unfortunately we as Clubs have very poor skills at marketing our product.

Rather than condemning a business that maybe cant support the trail system, lets work with them. It might be just as simple as adding a few signs on the trail to start for this year and building on that.

At the show this weekend, I noticed that District 11 had a draw for a weekend stay at this resort. I asked the representative at the booth if they did much to support the club. The answer was that they provide weekend stays like this and that they also advertise in the OFSC publications. So my take is, while they do not advertise in the local map, they do provide a level of support to sledding in general. Perhaps, as the economy improves and if the sledding business is growing, they may participate more in supporting the district and local clubs as well.

At the show this weekend, I noticed that District 11 had a draw for a weekend stay at this resort. I asked the representative at the booth if they did much to support the club. The answer was that they provide weekend stays like this and that they also advertise in the OFSC publications. So my take is, while they do not advertise in the local map, they do provide a level of support to sledding in general. Perhaps, as the economy improves and if the sledding business is growing, they may participate more in supporting the district and local clubs as well.

Awesome Mr Junk ,

Nice to see someone posting some factual info , instead of throwing out statements that create confusion and misconceptions !

:right_on:

Archived