Shallamar Gas Bar

Kerry

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right region for this but the Shallamar Gas Bar in Mitchell is open again.I was up fishing Balsam Lake and went by.There is a trail that goes across Balsam somewhere just not sure where but gas is always a plus anywhere on the trails.

Just thougt I'd let everyone know.

Kerry

Hi all,

I'm not sure if this is the right region for this but the Shallamar Gas Bar in Mitchell is open again.I was up fishing Balsam Lake and went by.There is a trail that goes across Balsam somewhere just not sure where but gas is always a plus anywhere on the trails.

Just thougt I'd let everyone know.

Kerry

Good info Kerry , alot of us ride that area .

Too answer your question on region , it`s in the Eastern club area .

Cheers !

Thanks,I wasn't really sure.Didn't see Balsam listed on the Federations website when I looked and thought it was close to the overlap with the carden trails.

Kerry

Thanks,I wasn't really sure.Didn't see Balsam listed on the Federations website when I looked and thought it was close to the overlap with the carden trails.

Kerry

Yes it is the eastern edge of Carden Trail & the Top of Hoo trail but they lost that years ago. I think there's a Kawatha Lake trail on Balsam. That would be nice loop from Port Perry to Fenlon to Carden Trail to Beaverton & back as long as Hoo's trails were good. I hear they are training a new groomer op. Brian

Kerry

Yes it is the eastern edge of Carden Trail & the Top of Hoo trail but they lost that years ago. I think there's a Kawatha Lake trail on Balsam. That would be nice loop from Port Perry to Fenlon to Carden Trail to Beaverton & back as long as Hoo's trails were good. I hear they are training a new groomer op. Brian

Is there anyone on the board that can report on the Carden Trails and the Carden Sno-Drifters ( I think the club was/is called)?

They used to have a very nice network of trails and then, I think, the club fell on hard times and not much as been maintained the last few years. Including the B104 trail, which helped provide a southern route for the Muskoka/Haliburton/Muskoka loop. Their trail network also used to extend south through Dalrymple, Canal Lake etc. Nice area to ride, and was wondering what prospects are in store for the area this year.

Kerry

Is there anyone on the board that can report on the Carden Trails and the Carden Sno-Drifters ( I think the club was/is called)?

They used to have a very nice network of trails and then, I think, the club fell on hard times and not much as been maintained the last few years. Including the B104 trail, which helped provide a southern route for the Muskoka/Haliburton/Muskoka loop. Their trail network also used to extend south through Dalrymple, Canal Lake etc. Nice area to ride, and was wondering what prospects are in store for the area this year.

I rode with a member of the Carden club the year before last. At the time, all of their trails were listed as closed and he said that the problem was that they had not passed their signage audit. I did not get up that way last year because of the poor conditions in the Beaverton area. The major groomer operator and trail coordinator for the area had passed away in the spring of the previous year. Hopefully that will be rectified this year.

I don't know what the plans are for the Carden area but possibly ceyoopers or ontariof7 may have more info as they know the fellow I am taking about.

Consider calling some of the 'Permit Sellers' for that area. Hope the link to MOST trail system below works for you.

Archived