:) New Euro model predicts cold,snow for our region

SkiDooStu

The weather liar on Global last night was talking about it. Said it'll be like the winters back in the 70s.

Said it'll be like the winters back in the 70s.

Damn. Broken Bogey wheels, fouled plugs, frozen tillotsons, six miles on a drivebelt, moguls the size of a '68 Buick Wildcat, bedspring drags and mixing 20:1 on the lake in a blizzard.

Damn. Broken Bogey wheels, fouled plugs, frozen tillotsons, six miles on a drivebelt, moguls the size of a '68 Buick Wildcat, bedspring drags and mixing 20:1 on the lake in a blizzard.

Apsley to Trappers Inn & back taking all day. Broken motor mounts on 1 lunger Oly's. Broken bogie springs.

Not a pretty picture is it?

Mind you there's a lot of sledders out there that wouldn't know a leaf spring from a bogie wheel. And then there's the sledders wishing to go back to the "good old days" of snowmobiling before the OFSC "took over" all the trails in Ontario.

Bring on the snow.

Apsley to Trappers Inn & back taking all day. Broken motor mounts on 1 lunger Oly's. Broken bogie springs.

Not a pretty picture is it?

Mind you there's a lot of sledders out there that wouldn't know a leaf spring from a bogie wheel. And then there's the sledders wishing to go back to the "good old days" of snowmobiling before the OFSC "took over" all the trails in Ontario.

Bring on the snow.

Oh Man, I forgot about the motor mounts - how could I. Olympique 300. And taking mufflers to the corner garage to get them welded.

Housey's Rapids to Gravenhurst and back used to be a full day trip, too.

I'm glad I experienced it. But I sure don't miss it. :D

Can't wait for winter - Best Sport in the Country !!

And then there's the sledders wishing to go back to the "good old days" of snowmobiling before the OFSC "took over" all the trails in Ontario.

I missed the "good old days," but from what I understand:

• [*:dz8ihnz1]Everyone and their brother had a snowmobile
    [*:dz8ihnz1]You had the freedom to go anywhere
    [*:dz8ihnz1]Winter activities centred around the snowmobile
    [*:dz8ihnz1]Snow was much more plentiful
    [*:dz8ihnz1]There was just all-round more enthusiasm for the sport

Seems pretty awesome to me. You don't have to give up modern technology or the well groomed OFSC trials to achieve any of those points.

And then there's the sledders wishing to go back to the "good old days" of snowmobiling before the OFSC "took over" all the trails in Ontario.

I missed the "good old days," but from what I understand:

[*:2312iojt]Everyone and their brother had a snowmobile
    [*:2312iojt]You had the freedom to go anywhere
    [*:2312iojt]Winter activities centred around the snowmobile
    [*:2312iojt]Snow was much more plentiful
    [*:2312iojt]There was just all-round more enthusiasm for the sport

Seems pretty awesome to me. You don't have to give up modern technology or the well groomed OFSC trials to achieve any of those points.

Your list still works here....

[*:2312iojt]Everyone on OCC and their brother had a snowmobile
    [*:2312iojt]You had the freedom to go anywhere on OCC
    [*:2312iojt]Winter activities on OCC centered around the snowmobile
    [*:2312iojt]Snow was much more plentiful and you can find out where on OCC
    [*:2312iojt]There was just all-round more enthusiasm for the sport on OCC

:D

You had the freedom to go anywhere on OCC

Lies. I tried to open the administrator control panel. It said access denied. :D

Good to know!! :P

Oh Man, I forgot about the motor mounts - how could I. Olympique 300. And taking mufflers to the corner garage to get them welded.

I know the old man replaced them on @ least 1 of our 3 Olys (a 300 & 2 335s). We never had problems w/ the muffler on the "Piglet". A '71 300 we sold in the early 80s. But know of friends that kept the local shadetree mechanic busy brazing them up.

Winter must be approaching. I watched the weather on MCTV tonight. -1* is the low up in Timmins & Kap'

Archived