Work needs to be done!

perrysbirds

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone know a good honest person in the Barrie area that does good work on sleds.Im looking to get mine serviced and ready for the upcoming season.I dont think anything to major is wrong.Just looking to get a good tune up.Also where is the best place to get your parts?Im thinking Royal Dist!

I have a 2003 Yamaha V-max 600!

Any thoughts!

Thanks perry in Angus!

It's not exactly in the Barrie area but in my opinion, it's worth the drive to visit WB at Rosseau Road. Quality, honest work.

It's not exactly in the Barrie area but in my opinion, it's worth the drive to visit WB at Rosseau Road. Quality, honest work.

Not sure where Rosseau Rd is!

I second the vote for WB. He is located in Parry Sound. He is a good guy and someone you may want to know if you plan on doing any riding in the Parry Sound area. You can also order parts from WB, he has a full line catalogue. Otherwise Jack and Jills in Midland, a 5 star Yamaha dealer. I would suggest buying Yamaha parts from a yamaha dealer. Otherwise if you are looking for generic items such as sliders or carbides then either WB or Royal.

• 2 weeks later...

Not sure where Rosseau Rd is!

I second the vote for WB. He is located in Parry Sound. He is a good guy and someone you may want to know if you plan on doing any riding in the Parry Sound area. You can also order parts from WB, he has a full line catalogue. Otherwise Jack and Jills in Midland, a 5 star Yamaha dealer. I would suggest buying Yamaha parts from a yamaha dealer. Otherwise if you are looking for generic items such as sliders or carbides then either WB or Royal.

I wouldn't touch Jack 'n' Jills in Midland with a 10 foot pole. They are also an Arctic Cat dealer. I have a Jag Z1 I bought new from another dealer. After talking with them at the Sportsman show I took the sled to them for a number of concerns in spring of 08. A couple of weeks later they told me everything would be covered under warranty. After weeks of waiting they told me my sled would be ready for pick up on a Saturday. I drove from Toronto to Midland only to find it wasn't ready as promised. They then told me they were waiting on parts that were on back order. Things dragged on and then they told me they would store it for the summer and finish it in the fall since they and Arcitc Cat warehouse had switched over to ATV's. In the fall it kept dragging on until finally they told me the sled was ready. I drove up to get it (the weekend of their open house) - SURPRISE - that everything they said was covered by warranty turned into an $700.00 bill plus another $100.00 for a spare belt I asked for. They said that Arcitc Cat wouldn't cover a huge chunk of their labour and some of the parts. They weren't going to give me my sled unless I paid out $700.00 for repairs on a new sled still under warranty. In order to get the sled out of there I paid $400.00 ($300.00 plus $100.00 for the belt) and they were to go back to Arctic Cat and ask them to honour the warranty. They gave me a phone number for Arctic Cat in the U.S. who will not deal with customers from Canada. You would think the dealer would know that. A number of the same problems I took it in for are still there, it is now out of warranty and I am essentially out of luck and cash out of my pocket.

Archived