Orillia - Almost Friday and it is snowing again!

FRASERn

Conditions are shaping up for a very good weekend in ou area...some cold nights and we have got some snow every night this week. We are scheduled to be out on Lake Couchiching @ 12:30 tomorrow afternoon to drill test holes, replaces the missing stakes and ....hopefully...open the lake trails.

Two thumbs up!Hope there's enough ice.

Kerry

Checked Couchiching for ice depth along lake trail this afternoon...pretty consistent at 12" along trail. Some slush in spots and VERYdeep snow. Enough traffic to establish a packed trail...Stakes from Moose Beach (203) are in place to B105C (Holcroft Road)...Most of the stakes that mark the 204 lake trail to top end of lake (South Sparrow Lake Road) are missing/buried...snow debth and weather conditions (white out) prevented us from getting it re-staked. Use extreme caution when travelling - especially after dark (make sure you have an extra drive belt!!! - The Doo in our group spit one out - heavy powder riding). Orillia will not likely be opening trails on East side (the load of snow we have received this week has not helped with the high water problems). Trails on West Side of Lake Couchiching (B105C, 203, B, etc...) are looking Prime. Check OFSC site...www.ofsc.on.ca for updated trail opening/closings. Have a safe weekend.

And wouldn't you know it,I was out for a short ride today and I'm pretty sure I broke/cracked a ring so now it's gotta go in for repairs.I would like to thank the three guys riding Doo's for following me over to Hawkestone from the Tee on the 11th.I did make it home under my own power but after letting it sit for about 1/2 hr and starting it up again that little 'ting ting' is much more pronounced.They say fans are good for 5000 miles before the rings get iffy,I got just over 5600.It still runs, has power,just hopin I only have to do the top end.

Kerry

That sucks!!! Glad you made it home. After playing in the powder on Couchiching for an hour with my son....my belt "evapourated" on the railway bed to Coldwater. Nothing bigger than a chocolate bar. Cords wrapped around the secondary took forever to unwind...Lots of sled traffic and everyone stopped to check on us. Orillia area is in great shape!!!

204 into Orillia from Snowcrest 15 was pretty good today. Sparrow was slushy but no issues. Dropped onto Couch and into Orillia. FraserN was that you I talked to on Grass Lake today with your son?

B on the East side of Counch was closed and it was obvious why (wet). Thank goodness for road detours.... Rumour had it that someone sank a rental on B to the windshield.

204 into Orillia from Snowcrest 15 was pretty good today. Sparrow was slushy but no issues. Dropped onto Couch and into Orillia. FraserN was that you I talked to on Grass Lake today with your son?

B on the East side of Counch was closed and it was obvious why (wet). Thank goodness for road detours.... Rumour had it that someone sank a rental on B to the windshield.

That east side B gets really wet, I recall running through it two years ago and having to float it for long stretches of trail. Not good.

Hi 14 Snow...No ... That wasn't us. We spent the day with a group of folks from our club (Orillia) to support the Ride for Literacy. Great day and the trails were excellent...started to suffer in the afternoon. In the past, My son and I have participated, this year my wife joined us...We had a blast (With the exception of the RR Bed from Hawkestone back to Orillia at the end of the day - My son loves the bumps (phazer)...however, we were getting bounced pretty good on the "couch". Highly recommend this event to others...great group, food and prizes.

We are out today to see if we can get some signage replaced on the 204 Lake Trail and then Trail Patrol for the afternoon. Snowing again this morning... so should be a busy day.

I will make some calls to get an update on conditions on the East Side from our Groomer team.

No rumour. The second time we turned around was at the "sinkage". Those fellows that WriteTwisted offered our help to were the fellows pulling it up out of the drink.

We were also going to go in the Literacy Ride.We went last year and had a ball even though the trails were a bit thin last year.I did however drop in a donation for the cause as I was working out that way.Look forward to doing it next year.Just hopin' they can get 'er back together before next weekend so's we don't lose another.

Kerry

Archived