Surprise on Sunday morning in Perry Sound

Bark Biter

Our group left Saturday from Coldwater and headed to Perry Sound for the night.

What a different experience for me being new to sledding, this was my longest journey yet, :lol:

Tired but not sore upon arriving, but waking up Sunday I was sore and stiff and headed out in search of a cup a tea, when I spot a red sled parked right next door to our room with a OC sticker on the windshield, and his nickname underneath.

Well trust me, I wanted to bang on the door to find out who it was but I was good and I didn't.

John was out packing up when he told me to come outside and there he was,

Sled Junk aka Dave

What a surpise, I introduced myself and we stood chatting for awile, and he spoke so highly of all the OC members.

Such a friendly and likeable man, I was pleased to have met him and know that I have found my first friend in the snowmobiling community.

I'm suprised his snoring didn't wake you! LOL! Sled Junk is a great rep for this sight!

Great meeting you, too, Louisa. You never know who you'll meet on the trails (or parking lots)

Always nice to meet new people on the trails , sledders in general are a special breed . Glad it was Mr Junk and not the Bunny or the Mouse. Did I see your group on your return at the gas station in Port Severn judging by your profile pic I think I may have saw you. How were the trails ?

Always nice to meet new people on the trails , sledders in general are a special breed . Glad it was Mr Junk and not the Bunny or the Mouse. Did I see your group on your return at the gas station in Port Severn judging by your profile pic I think I may have saw you. How were the trails ?

Ya if it was the mouse, all your beer would have been gone! :shock:

So how were the trails for your ride and how many miles did you all do?

Kerry

Not sure Yukon, we stopped for gas at the Petro in Perry Sound, then we stopped at The H&H for lunch and gas for the guys, :rotflmao: then we stopped at a little place just north of Big Chute, so perhaps you did see us somewhere out there.

Ya if it was the mouse, all your beer would have been gone! :shock:

That would not have been a problem, it was to cold to drink beer, :rotflmao::rotflmao: and I prefer rum anyways.

Great meeting you, too, Louisa. You never know who you'll meet on the trails (or parking lots)

So I take it your sled has been returned? Everything running well?

Mrs. Mossy, the insurance company replaced the sled for us a couple of weeks back.

H&H is a great stop for excellent food cheap. Glad that you had a good ride . It is spelt Parry Sound :D But we have been called worse :) Hotel rooms at H&H are only $74.95 and they are clean good rooms and you could then enjoy thier weiss beer. Along with rouladin and spetzla(SP?) .

H&H is a great stop for excellent food cheap. Glad that you had a good ride . It is spelt Parry Sound :D But we have been called worse :) Hotel rooms at H&H are only $74.95 and they are clean good rooms and you could then enjoy thier weiss beer. Along with rouladin and spetzla(SP?) .

Sorry Bill, will try to remember my spelling on Perry Sound, :wtf: but I can be blonde at moments.

The food at the H & H was great and as you said cheap.

If you look at the pics from the link I posted in the original post, we stopped and hubby took a pic of me at your sign, :hugs:

Archived