parry sound did it survive?

2fast4u

Just wondering if parry sound may of survived for the weekend? did you guys get lots of rain? Thanks

Sounds like good news I guess. Thanks wildbill. Do you htink the trails are going to become frozen solid which could leave no lube for sliders or cooling the machines down? Sorry for all the questions but it is a 4 hour dr. for us and some of us are not working right now so I don't want anyone to be wasting money for the weekend. Thanks.

im here now...we didnt get all the rain that was called for. Temps dropped from +6 at 7am to -6 right now. Everything is freezing solid. I can see some brown spots on my lake but it is snowing a tad and a couple of cm will allow for lube. Still snow in bays and on edges should be passable.

Havent looked at the trails yet but i would image they have survived as we didnt lose much snow.

Roads are completely bare but there was hardly any snow on them anyways.

Sounds like good news I guess. Thanks wildbill. Do you htink the trails are going to become frozen solid which could leave no lube for sliders or cooling the machines down? Sorry for all the questions but it is a 4 hour dr. for us and some of us are not working right now so I don't want anyone to be wasting money for the weekend. Thanks.

it will be ok you just have to pick your routes.

Thanks guys looks like we might head that way. seems to be the best bet unless we head to North Bay but I highly doubt we want to go that far.

Which way is usually the best way to ride towards huntsville or head up towards French river?

Thanks evreyone it is nice to have a great forum like this.

Arrived in the area a short while ago....seems to be about an inch of 'crunchy snow' on packed down areas. Haven't been on trails yet - it's dark - but our lake looks to be slush free with a snow crust on it. Some of the roads have a sheet of glare ice on them and cold tomorrow. Will be out and around tomorrow.

Betcha xcsldr's been out pounding the trails today so waiting to hear from him.

Trails north of Nobel are pretty good. They are smooth and hard with ganular surface. Some lakes are are kinda slim on snow with ridges from sleds when the surface was soft but passable. Lake & trail conditions appear to improve as you ride further north.

im here now...we didnt get all the rain that was called for. Temps dropped from +6 at 7am to -6 right now. Everything is freezing solid. I can see some brown spots on my lake but it is snowing a tad and a couple of cm will allow for lube. Still snow in bays and on edges should be passable.

Havent looked at the trails yet but i would image they have survived as we didnt lose much snow.

Roads are completely bare but there was hardly any snow on them anyways.

i just took a leak ,,,,,,honest, :rotflmao:

Trails north of Nobel are pretty good. They are smooth and hard with ganular surface. Some lakes are are kinda slim on snow with ridges from sleds when the surface was soft but passable. Lake & trail conditions appear to improve as you ride further north.

Trax...as discussed last weekend...took a few pictures of the route to Red Door Gas and Bakery in Waubamic....will post once off dial up.

Myself, headed north on DunAhmic 805 today as packed snow might allow touring couch to get to Pike's Peak, however, denied and had to return as not enough cooling for sled. Nice day out though.

Thanks Slomo! We actually rode right past it on Sunday. We followed a friend to Manitouwabig and then picked up trail over to the 101. The 101 was in pretty good shape & we had lunch in Dunchurch.

All in all, we had some really good riding this past wkd in spite of the rain. The lakes were pretty bare & roads were nasty but most of the trails were in good shape.

P1010018.jpg

P1010017.jpg

P1010016-1.jpg

We really could benefit from some fresh snow. Even a few inches would be great. The clubs have done a great job of working with what they have & our weekend was a blast!

Trails were in excellent condition for the most part. Hard and fast. If they were groomed just before the deep freeze then they were perfect.

Lakes are severely rutted and basically glare ice but snow is there along the lake edge and various nooks and crannies.

What was great about this weekend is that you could basically ride anywhere you wanted off trail without getting stuck!

Lots of fun!

Anyone considering getting a few days in this week shouldn't hesitate to go to PS

Saturday I started from the ski centre on 124 and did the 401-C-402 loop and it was all good. Pics below of the 402...alll of carling trails were like this :D

3322830210_4325714b54.jpg

3322830212_ae473f4e98_o.jpg

We rode the weekend from Bracebridge. we took the d trail to the sequin the trails were great. :D then we got over to KEARNEY the trail really sucked it was like they were never groomed. :wtf:

We rode the weekend from Bracebridge. we took the d trail to the sequin the trails were great. :D then we got over to KEARNEY the trail really sucked it was like they were never groomed. :wtf:

The Seguin was the same...though, the MSR portion was pretty good from Bear Lake to Hwy 11. We ran through that Kearney portion as well...and ya it was even worse then the Seguin.

I couldn't believe the number of sleds we saw this weekend!!! Everyone must have been out.

Archived