Wawa trials update feb 25

FINNDIAN

We have a lot of fresh snow, (well over a foot) on top of the crust we had previously. All trails have been groomed once or twice since and things are excellent. The bottomless powder off trail now is a little firmer and much more rideable and the layer of hard crust underneath has gone away some and is hardly noticable now. great ground cover with powder on top.

Gord, if you'd seen the group (mentioned in zrtkat's threads) trash the trail last Thursday, you would've hit them w/ a hammer

There was a 40 sled group riding out of Elliot Lake. We get to the Wawa/D'ville meeting point and see that the D'ville groomer had turned around their during the night. From there to the D/F jct, you wouldn't have known it was groomed. They turned south & the trail was good into D'ville.

It would :angry: me off royally to know my work was destroyed in a few minutes. The next day north of Hornepayne we met their returning groomer about a half hour north of town. A bit later we met 2 riders that were moving pretty good, but they weren't wrecking the freshly groomed trail either.

That big group rode on our D to dubrueilville before we groomed it, They actually did some good in this case as they worked the fresh snow so it laid down better when we groomed it the other day. We've had quite a bit of traffic lately and are having to groom a little more regularly. Hopefully it levels of as permit sales didn't materialize much with the increase in traffic and I"m not sure we are tight on $ to make it to next year.

thanks for the update and the hard work gord. we will be up starting late thursday next week, staying till monday morning at chez gaston in dubreuilville. if you wanna ride next weekend let me know. think i sent you my cell number in a pm a few weeks ago. if you need it again drop me a line.

we are going to be looking for the fresh NEW untracked offtrail stuff. so there may be some dead ends and such but the untouched snow riding will be fun. plus we get to log in more new loops we "find and create".

thats what boondockin is all about. come on it's late in the season, lets ride. :wavey: ski

Can't get out again I'm afraid. I have to spend the first part of next week in new york (leaving saturday) for 2010 sled dealer meeting. then I'm only back til sunday and gone for most of the following week on our sled trip. Will be a very busy few days when i'm back.

Can't wait to break the 100 mile mark on my sled this season.

Russ and I will be out of town from this afternoon unitl thursday so I won't be posting any trail conditions, It's up to our President to get things done while were gone. There is a lot of fresh snow on our trails. I believe Willie from the Bristol Motel is planning to groom to halfway haven for us on sunday.

awfully nice of willie to get back envolved. make sure you pass on the thanks from the sledders to him and bonnie.

how was your trip nathan? start a new thread and post some pics man!

we leave thursday afternoon for dubreuilville. looking for some new offtrail, and possibly try to catch a walleye or three through the ice. never did that before, looking forward to another nice long weekend in northern ontario.

days are getting longer, that april month is comming fast on the calender. only a few more weekends left for riding gang, get out and have some fun before it all is gone. ski

the trip was great. lots of fresh snow, and trails were awesome. we rode alot of wawa and dubs trails, plus white river and chapleau. all very good. trail 3 was groomed to perfection then about 8 new inches of snow fell so wawa went and groomed it again. also rode the 8 and 9 loop for the first time. that is a very nice ride. i have to say the local club trails are my favorite more than the top trails. there is a very good chance i will be back up for this weekend, just watching the weather again.

Archived