chapleau to wawa

ragefarmer

how many kms from chapleau to wawa, my guess is we need to go into dubreville first for fuel, so i'd like to know kms chapleau-dubreville-wawa riding 11th-12th of next week thanks

Chapleau to Missinabie 90 miles there is gas in Missinabie as well restaurant. good burger

Missinabie to Dubreuilville 35 miles

Dubreuilville to Wawa +/- 60 miles

thanks big reg, our plans have been changed as the F from aubrey falls to miss. isn't being groomed,

I this true??????????

I just got off the phone with our district and he toll me that he was ridding to aubrey fall this past weekend and the groomer from Chapleau was there and going back to chapleau.

You should contact district 14 or the Chapleau club to have an update on the trail.

according to hte OFSC web site

Chapleau to Aubreay Falls - Limited

Chapleau to Foleyet - Open

Chapleau to Missinabi - Open

2/2/2009 11:18:54 AM

I shoulda checked there first lol. Thanks for the info Reg!!!

Ok, I called D14 (TATA) and was told that F trail from Aubry to Chap to Missanabie is groomed and being groomed. She did mention that Missanabie to D'ville IS NOT being groomed....now....this is what makes me VERY nervous about her story....the OFSC and this website both tell me that the F from Miss to D'ville is in great shape.

My fingers are crossed that all the trails are as good as they were last year and I'm worried for no reason....

well, i rode from missanabi to dub, and that trail was in tip top groomed shape this weekend. some fellow OC riders we met at ernies were heading to chapleau, and ernie said the trail had been groomed. i talked to karen at flame lake on thursday, she said the F trail from chapleau to aubrey falls was packed once, groomed from chapleau to aubrey falls, and the groomer was at aubrey waiting for parts for the return grooming trip. she guessed the groomer would be fixed by thursday night or friday and the F trail would have a second groomed pass by sat night. so you are getting ALOT of mis-information from your sources.

call the vendors, hotels, gas stations ect... you will get better info. ski

so you are getting ALOT of mis-information from your sources.

call the vendors, hotels, gas stations ect... you will get better info. ski

That exactly why I posted here...you guys are running the trails and or the grooms lol. My next call was to Flame Lake actually. Thanks alot for your help here! It's much appreciated....I cannot wait to get up there!!!!

Now, I'm headed out the the garage to put my new track in!!

Here is a copy of email I just recieved from Karen at Flame Lake Lodge. Only 3 more sleeps until we arrive in Soo area. Will be riding on Saturday from Soo up to Aubrey Falls and on to Chapleau.

Hi Dave,

The groomer was broken down at Aubrey Falls until just a few days ago waiting for parts. It has now groomed back to Chapleau. So, it has been groomed one return trip Chapleau to Aubrey Falls and back.

There has been hardly any traffic so it should be in good shape. It says limited because there are still branches that need cutting. The groomer has a brush cutter but it doesn't get everything on one pass. The guys do as much as they can with their chainsaws but, again, they need to do it again.

There is also one little detour around a water crossing but the detour is groomed and just fine.

We have heard no complaints from the 50 or so sledders that have stopped in.

Hope this helps! Cheers,

Karen

• 2 weeks later...

I realize we're in the middle of a warm spell, but if anyone has info. re: Chap to Wawa via D'ville , please advise.

Thanks in advance.

I realize we're in the middle of a warm spell, but if anyone has info. re: Chap to Wawa via D'ville , please advise.

Thanks in advance.

We went from Chap to Wawa on tuesday and all was good. We rode from Wawa back to the soo Thursday and the trails were in awesome shape the whole way down. Just got a little bare real close to the Soo.(maybe the last 4 or 5 kms)

Thanks.

Leaving in am for Algoma Loop.

Covering above trails - info is great.

Archived