Barrie & Newmarket trails ?

klze

Hello everyone,

where is a good place to start from barrie or newmarket ???

I'm in Toronto and not always have time to travel couple hours up north.

thanks guys !!

Hi Klze, Welcome to the Board !!

Try the Holland Landing Snowmobile Club.

thank you,

I was looking for this fourm for sometime now...

glad i found it!

more places to ride near the area is greatly appreciated, doesnt have to be snowmobile club.

thanks !!

If you want direct trail access, the best place to park & unload would be #11(Yonge st) & hyw 89.(20 minutes north of Newmarket)

Just north of 89 there is a old road behind the restauant (Barkley square)where you can park.

Trail goes right though there, from there you can go anywhere you like.

Midland, Wasaga Beach, Coldwater the list can go on and on.

You could also park in Riverdrive park and take the river and lake(simcoe) to Gilford and pick up the same trail from there, Thats if you know the lake.

You can also park in Barrie at the Sno Voyageurs Club House on Snow Valley Road - the trail is right there!

These are great ideas for half day trips out of GTA.

Thanks.

I'm surprised Nutter hasn't jumped in here. The Port Perry club has a great clubhouse with lots of room to drop and great trails. The club does a great job in their area and the clubhouse is a great place to warm up.

Check out http://www.portperrysnowmobileclub.com/ for more information.

ha ha, nice :)

we went to scugog all last year for half days in the evening into the night.

no one there except for couple drunk locals passing by from time to time on the lake :crazy:

we did so too, but only along the shore, cause i know the place but only from summer jetski riding!

never actually went thru dist.3 trail system completely, something to consider in the near future :mrgreen:

We parked at Soldier's Bay Marina on Queensville Sdrd. this morning and rode the river to Lake Simcoe. From there, it was up to Beaverton for lunch, onto MOST 207 (?) at Lagoon City, onto Lake Cooch, thru Orillia down the railbed back to Kempenfelt Bay, down Lake Simcoe back to Soldier's Bay.

It wasn't the warmest day to be out riding, but conditions were fair to very good. There is a definite lack of snow in Orillia (compared to previous years). Case in point, I parked on top of a 7' snow bank at Tim Horton's last year... this year, the bank is 2' at the most.

The trails around Holland Landing Snowmobile Club were as well groomed as they could be, but we definitely need more snow. They are pretty rough and there is snirt showing in many places. Another 6"-8" would make it near perfect with the solid base that exists now.

My advice- take the river to the lake and head towards Barrie. The B103 stake line is in as well as the stake line from Cook Bay to Highway 89.

Hope this helps... I'd like to hear from anybody who has ridden from HLSC to Uxbridge. Not sure if there's enough snow to make this ride right now.

I met up with two riders on the rail line south of Sutton last Wednesday. They tried to make it over towards Pefferlaw on B103 but turned back because of poor conditions.

That trail is still closed due to landowner issues. See heartofontario.ca for more details.

I met up with two riders on the rail line south of Sutton last Wednesday. They tried to make it over towards Pefferlaw on B103 but turned back because of poor conditions.

In the bush, there's a lot of snirt... need more snow!

In the bush, there's a lot of snirt... need more snow!

you asked for it :D

• 4 weeks later...

Klze, Barrie doing pretty good right now depending on which way you go.

Yesterday we did the Hawkestone (Orillia) run and conditions were great.

Today off to Wasaga Beach, trails great except for some spots.

We have been dumped on with snow today and snowsqualls tonight - another 15cm's expected by morning and more snow Tues and Wed - trails looked groomed as we passed them this afternoon. Should be good riding around here this week! :woot:

We passed two groomers yesterday coming back from Sundridge on D, but unfortunately the base is very icy and the snow isn't setting up. Any traffic is instantly destroying the work of the groomer.

Hopefully the fresh snow will have more moisture so it packs better...

Archived