zrtkat needs help on trails info????

zrtkat

Hi everyone just trying to plan a different route for our snowmobile vacation this winter,I am looking at the trail map and was wondering if we start a Sault ste marie and head east on the D trail towards Sudbury.

How are the trails that way never have been on them and where would be a good place to stay at halfway between there and sudbury ??? Then we might go towards North bay or go north from sudbury.

It looks like quite a distance from the Soo to Sudbury will have to look for the mileage .

any help will be appreciated

thanks

zrtkat & crew :D

It looks like quite a distance from the Soo to Sudbury will have to look for the mileage .

'Bout 6 hrs in the truck.

I'm no help on those trails tho...

Thanks ox just trying to do a different route some change in scenery ,will have to wait and get some info on the trails down there

zrtkat

Big Reg thanks will try that hope to see you on our trip this winter thru Dubreilville

zrtkat

zrtkat - Sault Ste Marie to Sudbury is about 485 Km. Not sure how far you guys go in a day but that's too much for the 'SlowTour'.

You might want to consider stopping in Elliot Lake. Sault to Elliot Lake across D to Iron Bridge and then up D105F (GREAT TRAIL) is about 275 km and Sault to Elliot Lake across D and up F is about 363 km. Lots of good trail between those two cities !

Reg is right about contacting the people at Algoma SnoPlan. They are extremely helpful !!

SlowTouringGuy thanks that would be a good place to stop over night is in Elliot lake , any suggestions to stay overnight at ???????

Then how far to north bay from there (Elliot Lake)???? would that be possible to do in a day ???? then we can go towards new liskeard after that and make our loop . Or from sudbury head towards Gowgonda, ?????

thanks for all the help

zrtkat

SlowTouringGuy thanks that would be a good place to stop over night is in Elliot lake , any suggestions to stay overnight at ???????

Then how far to north bay from there (Elliot Lake)???? would that be possible to do in a day ???? then we can go towards new liskeard after that and make our loop . Or from sudbury head towards Gowgonda, ?????

thanks for all the help

zrtkat

Half Answers for you again :D

The place I like to stay in Elliot Lake - Laurentian Lodge - is not opening this winter. Let's see if you get other Elliot Lake recommendations from people here who have actual first hand experience with the place the suggest. If not, I can give you the names of a few places but I can't recommend them. Have a look through the 'North" Forum here; I think Elliot Lake hotels/motels/resorts was the topic of a thread just a little while ago.

North Bay ? ! It's about 495 km from Elliot Lake. You talk about Gowganda, etc. How about first step either Rocky's on Lake Wanapatei or Sportsmans on Lake Kukagami. Both of those ( I think ) would be about 300 km from Elliot Lake.

Then you could do a loop up through Shining Tree to Gowganda or go from up through Shining Tree to Tata Chika Pika. Then TCP up C and west to Foleyet. Then Dub'ville or Wawa. Then back to the Sault.

How many nights on the trails are you planning ? How many miles in a day do you typically travel ?

My family have stayed at the Sportsmens in (outside of actually) Sudbury. We were there on ATV's many yrs ago, but I remember the lodge looking like a really kewl place to stay in the winter. All antique type wood building. Prolly not quiet tho. LOL!

We stayed in a cabin near as I can remember. I am trying to confuse that with a trip to Wakamatta, and I just don't remember what we stayed in while there. But I DOO remember the lodge looking really kewl!

SlowTouringGuy well we like to stay riding on our loop for 8-9 days and we ride about 200 mile days around that amount is pretty good for me .

As the days go bye the mileage seems to drop as I am getting tired and have a hard time awakening in the morning :shock: but we like to start early and get into our place we are staying before dark.

If the trails are good down there we are going to be heading out of Heyden and heading on the D trail towards Elliot lake ,and then we can figure out which way to go.

Last year we left Heyden and headed up towards Chapleau thru Black creek so hopefully we can go the other direction and ride that way.

thanks for the info ??????

zrtkat

SlowTouringGuy well we like to stay riding on our loop for 8-9 days and we ride about 200 mile days around that amount is pretty good for me .

As the days go bye the mileage seems to drop as I am getting tired and have a hard time awakening in the morning :shock: but we like to start early and get into our place we are staying before dark.

If the trails are good down there we are going to be heading out of Heyden and heading on the D trail towards Elliot lake ,and then we can figure out which way to go.

Last year we left Heyden and headed up towards Chapleau thru Black creek so hopefully we can go the other direction and ride that way.

thanks for the info ??????

zrtkat

You didn't mention were riding all the way across Ontario and into Qubec for a few days. Then back across Ontario far north. That 8-9 is going to be 10-12. :D Mabey more. :woot: We were born to ride!

Archived