Burks Falls and Area Riding

wannago

Sorry no pictures forgot the camera! You'll just have to take my word for it. All I can say is the Almaguin trails are in amazing shape right now. Top D from Kearney to D123 was a little bumpy but really not bad for a Saturday.

Sand Lake is not staked yet, wondering if they are going to stake it this year? We did ride the lake from Whiskey Jacks over to Edgewater, was a little slushy in spots but not too bad other than that.

Lots of riders out yesterday, but no near misses like usual, was a perfect day. The only pita moment was the four on two-ups that were riding reallllllly slooooow in the middle of trail and didn't move over for us. They had mirrors and must of seen us so not sure what that was all about???

The only pita moment was the four on two-ups that were riding reallllllly slooooow in the middle of trail and didn't move over for us. They had mirrors and must of seen us so not sure what that was all about???

It wasn't us! I always pull over! Maybe a boat horn wired to your sled is the answer...probably new to sledding and needed a prompt. Thanks for the report....that area always sounds like a good place to ride.

The only pita moment was the four on two-ups that were riding reallllllly slooooow in the middle of trail and didn't move over for us. They had mirrors and must of seen us so not sure what that was all about???

It wasn't us! I always pull over! Maybe a boat horn wired to your sled is the answer...probably new to sledding and needed a prompt. Thanks for the report....that area always sounds like a good place to ride.

:D I knew it wouldn't be one of "us"! We figured they were newbies so we really took our time passing them and passed slowly so as not to scare the crap out of them. A boat horn, wouldn't that be a blast (for WB)!

Yes it is an awesome area to ride, of course I am biased because it is our club area but we always find the Almaguin trails in really good shape.

:D I knew it wouldn't be one of "us"! We figured they were newbies so we really took our time passing them and passed slowly so as not to scare the crap out of them. A boat horn, wouldn't that be a blast (for WB)!

Yes it is an awesome area to ride, of course I am biased because it is our club area but we always find the Almaguin trails in really good shape.

I have seen horns on sleds and yes they are a blast (thanks) I too have been caught behind this type of slow parade and wished for a nerf gun :wtf: However I calmed myself and just rode along until an opportunity presented itself safely . After all we are on the trails relax a little :D Almaguin is always a great ride.

I have seen horns on sleds and yes they are a blast (thanks) I too have been caught behind this type of slow parade and wished for a nerf gun :wtf: However I calmed myself and just rode along until an opportunity presented itself safely . After all we are on the trails relax a little :D Almaguin is always a great ride.

A nerf gun, now that might be fun! Wasn't really too bothered with waiting to pass them, we are never in too much of hurry, the discussion after the pass was more about how dangerous the first guy was, riding in the middle of twistie trails is just asking for trouble.

Yes it is a great place to ride. I am always on the look out for OC stickers or sleds I recognize from pictures posted on here while out riding. Not sure but I think I may have seen GiddyUp on Saturday.

A little Sand Lake info:

The lake will not be staked, ADSC is not assuming any liability for it. There is a new land trail from Silversands/Whiskey Jack over to Edgewater, which also eliminates running that section of Hwy 518 shoulder across the bridge. It was groomed and in great shape this past weekend.

A nerf gun, now that might be fun! Wasn't really too bothered with waiting to pass them, we are never in too much of hurry, the discussion after the pass was more about how dangerous the first guy was, riding in the middle of twistie trails is just asking for trouble.

Yes it is a great place to ride. I am always on the look out for OC stickers or sleds I recognize from pictures posted on here while out riding. Not sure but I think I may have seen GiddyUp on Saturday.

Hey Wannago!

NOPE - not me on Saturday. Our plans changed at the last minute and ended up staying home and entertaining some friends here at home and riding the loop around Midland/Penetang/Coldwater/Barrie. We are heading up this coming weekend though - maybe we'll see you then!

:wavey:

Hey Wannago!

NOPE - not me on Saturday. Our plans changed at the last minute and ended up staying home and entertaining some friends here at home and riding the loop around Midland/Penetang/Coldwater/Barrie. We are heading up this coming weekend though - maybe we'll see you then!

:wavey:

Won't be up next weekend, we actually brought the sleds home and are going to do some local riding this weekend. We'll be back up again in two weeks, we are pretty much on the every other weekend plan for up north, with the exception of a week in Feb and one in March.

I expect the trails will be mint next weekend, snowing like crazy when we left yesterday afternoon.

A little Sand Lake info:

The lake will not be staked, ADSC is not assuming any liability for it. There is a new land trail from Silversands/Whiskey Jack over to Edgewater, which also eliminates running that section of Hwy 518 shoulder across the bridge. It was groomed and in great shape this past weekend.

Thanks for the info, was wondering why there was no stakes yet this year on Sand Lake. We did take the lake from Whiskey Jacks to Edgewater, it wasn't too bad, but I prefer there to be stakes when I head out on a Lake.

Does anyone know if Lake Bernard has been staked yet this year?

Archived