Info Center to Bala

Bigman99

We thought that you knew the way to Bala ! It is a very straight forward run but does include water crossings and road running not sure of the milage but if the trails are ok 2-3 hrs running I think. It has been several years since I rode to Bala as every time I did I found myself fighting waterholes at the railline near Bala.

visitor center to footes bay is about an hour. Head west to the C trail, south to C102D. East to C114 and south into Bala( another hour) If you run further down the C to C101D, maybe 2.5hrs total if the trail south of the Musquash river bridge is beat. ( which is usually is)

Footes bay to bala is about an hour and the trail ( c102d and c114 )have just been listed as open as of yesterday. I suggest stopping at Bass Lake House on C102D for wings and rings. Great food and service right Mr.Mouse?

Thank you all. Planning to make this trip this weekend. We will probably have our eight-year old with us so timing is an issue. We'll be sure to stop at Bass Lake House for the wings. Heard nothing but great things. Hoping we could do this in three hours or less now I know.

You guys are a great source of info for a newbie like me. Thanks again!

Just make sure you hit Bass Lake before 1pm as it gets REALLY busy around then.

Keep an eye out for a couple OC.com ball caps at BLH. Planning on lunch there Saturday as well.

Archived