Ice on Jo, Rosseau and Muskoka

RAMSOMAIR

I was at my cottage on Jo 2 weekends ago. The morning we left the ice sheet had only just covered the lake. We've had some crazy cold lately but I haven't been up to check it out. I'd give it a couple more weeks personally. If anyone knows fore sure that'd be great, I'm planning to rip from Barrie-Foots Bay sometime soon and I'd love to be able to hit the lakes!

7 inches or so in the south end of muskoka where there is no current from what I hear, but that is 3rd hand news.

North end of muskoka where there is no current might be ok, but local knowedlege is key.

I am personally going to wait at least another week

also saw some tracks on Rosseau last weekend, but I always wait for a few ice huts and then go talkto them

mxzx121 was out checking last weekend. some places on Muskoka had 8, some places 4.

Might want to give it one more week of cold before heading across the middle of any of the big 3.

see like most people agree to stay off for another week on any of the wide open areas..

Butterfly lake had 16 inches last weekend though for those running thru Glen Orchard for gas.

Another guy from work checked a few spots around Rankin. Couple spots only had 2-3 inches where the snow is on the ice.

scary. I guess the big lake to Bbridge is still out of the question for a while then.

I started running over to Indian Head last weekend. I checked the ice at the marker between the second gap and Browning last saturday, 8 inchs. Of the north/west side of Browning there was also 8 inchs. BUT in the first gap there is couple spots that only have 2-3 inchs. From Indian Head out to the islands there is a staked trail. Yesterday there was still some slush. Use at own risk.

I ran from mortimers marina to "north bay" on Muskoka Sat morning. 7500 rpm's all the way and spinning powder and slush. Forget that! Sunday morning Club Z bay had sunk with at least a foot of slush on it.

Talked to some people that ran from Foots Bay down to Bass Lake on Sat as well. Lots of slush and scary.

Personally I'm waiting

Silver, Brandy and Long lake are all staked and good to go.

Archived