chapleau to Dubreuilville

zrtkat

zrtkat is trying to plan his trip and is wondering if you can make it from Chap to Dub we are leaving from Heyden going to Chapleau and then we wan't to cut across to Dub.

thanks

Zrtkat

Zrtcat, you may want to check the trail conditions from Heyden to Chaplaeu, via the F trail. From what I am gathering here there is no grooming going on from Chap south toward Aubry Falls way. Now I could be wrong, but from what I gather that is my understanding. Can anybody else chime in, and tell us if there is any grooming going on this way or not?

viper I called the flame lodge and she said the groomer left north to pan trail and she said he did not return yet so the trail is closed to chapleau on the F trail.

So we are leaving Heyden and going to halfway haven and then taking the wilderness trail over to Chapleau.

My only concern is if we can make it to dubrueiville from chapleau.

thanks for the reply

zrtkat

viper I called the flame lodge and she said the groomer left north to pan trail and she said he did not return yet so the trail is closed to chapleau on the F trail.

So we are leaving Heyden and going to halfway haven and then taking the wilderness trail over to Chapleau.

My only concern is if we can make it to dubrueiville from chapleau.

thanks for the reply

zrtkat

zrtkat, it is my understanding that Chapleau-Dub is groomed and open. Half to run the road from Dalton-Missinabi but that is no big deal it is snow covered. It is then staked from Missinabi across Dog lake and Groomer guy himself put his master grooming touch on the trail from there to Duebreville

i cannot wait till the trail from soo/searchmont/echo bay to aubrey falls and on to flame lake gets opened. i have only been on it twice but, both times were very scenic and memorable. nice weekend loop for the michigan crew. drive to soo friday night, leave for flame lake early sat morning, up early sunday morning ride to halfway haven down the wilderness trail, and on to the soo. load up eat dinner drive home sunday night. if anyone has the real map for the F trail to halfway haven (wilderness trail) i would love a hard copy of it. ski

Archived