Port Perry Trails

kennyboy

Does it look like any are going to be ready Thursday? The weekend??

It's if'y ..... the trail base held up well in most places, but lots of wind blown icy sections. Just waiting for decent accumulation so we groom everything back to flat, and fill in what needs to be filled. The good thing is were seeing the cold we needed to freeze things up. I may take a run down here on the south end later today, and see what comes out of the back of the drag ??

Thanx, Nutter. Good to see you're OK after the head-on. Probably God's way of telling you that you should be on a Ski-doo! Ha! Wondering if the swamp near the causway is frozen yet...any word on the guy that went down in the lake just before Xmas?

Thanx, Nutter. Good to see you're OK after the head-on. Probably God's way of telling you that you should be on a Ski-doo! Ha! Wondering if the swamp near the causway is frozen yet...any word on the guy that went down in the lake just before Xmas?

Thanks Kennyboy

Haven't heard any new news about the unfortunate incededent.

But I did just get off the phone with TVB and he beat me to the groomer, he's already out and working with what we got, looks like we'll be able to open E108 east of club house to limited status (but I wont make it official till he's done the run). Talked to Ganny and they will be following suit, just waiting to hear back from Long Sault, but I imagine they'll be in the same boat. Super icy in sections so if you do venture out be carefull.

We also have a crew going out today, they will be brushing and checking the swamp trail to Port (E108 noth from the club house), but I doubt that will be openable for at least another few days of cold and snow.

Pray for more snow :woot::woot:

:woot::woot:

http://ppsc.19.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=724

PPSC Trail Status Report ... Last Updated Jan 1st 2009

Happy New Year to all PPSC members, after a few Post Christmas days of clean up and grooming by our dedicated crew .... we are pleased to announce some trails are now listed as LIMITED.

Please use caution as there are icy sections, and please remember to stay off closed sections and respect our land owners, also the less sled traffic they see right now the faster the swampy wet sections will freeze.

E108 East from the Club House............ Limited (watch for bare icy sections)

E108 North from the Club house to Port Perry ............ Closed.

E108 North from the Nonquon River to (Hoo Trails) ........... Closed.

E108 Stake line on Lake Scugog ........... Closed.

PPSC #1 West From E108 to (HOO Trails) .......... Closed.

PPSC #2 East From E108 to Lake ..... Closed.

PPSC #2 Stake line on Lake Scugog ............... Closed.

PPSC #2 Scugog Island Trail ......... Closed.

PPSC #3 From E108 East to Lakeridge Rd (HOO Trails) ........ Closed.

PPSC #4 (canal trail and "Bagdad" loop trail) ......... Closed.

PPSC #5 From the club house east ............ Limited (watch for rough bare icy sections)

PPSC #6 West from Club House to Simcoe St ............ Limited (watch for rough bare icy sections)

Got out for a quick ride across the E108 yesterday. I was surprised how good the trail was. You guys must have done an awesome job packing the base 'cuz we lost everything in the big meltdown of '08! Easy to see that a massive clean-up effort must have been done after the windstorms too. Evidence laying everywhere. Great job! :D

Great weekend of riding over here in Dist 3 :woot::woot:

Pic's from Saturdays outing with the gang

100_3646.jpg

100_3647.jpg

100_3649.jpg

100_3653.jpg

100_3660.jpg

100_3661.jpg

100_3654.jpg

100_3656.jpg

100_3659.jpg

100_3665.jpg

100_3662.jpg

100_3663.jpg

100_3664.jpg

Even had a couple OC'ers (atdr1 and wife) come out for a tour with PPSC prez GTX'er

100_3652.jpg

100_3651.jpg

Today with "Little Nutter" :woot::woot:

100_3666.jpg

100_3667.jpg

100_3669.jpg

100_3670.jpg

100_3671.jpg

100_3673.jpg

Great pictures! I can't believe i didn't even know about Port Perry trails. Even Rick has never been on the trail before. Looking at them now it looks like we'll have to try them out. We usually just go from Bobcaygeon since that's where the sleds are kept. I might be buying a 2 up from a friend. If I buy her sled I will just keep it out there and for sure will try the port perry trails. :woot:

I was great to meet you all on Saturday. A special thanks to PPSC Pres. Larry for the tour and Nutter for your hospitality. We had a great time and will be back in a couple of weeks! We were hoping to come back this weekend, but we have prior commitments.

Jen (atdr1's wife)

I was great to meet you all on Saturday. A special thanks to PPSC Pres. Larry for the tour and Nutter for your hospitality. We had a great time and will be back in a couple of weeks! We were hoping to come back this weekend, but we have prior commitments.

Jen (atdr1's wife)

Glad you two enjoyed it Jen, with the cold spell we've been having and low snow conditions, the rest of our trails should be froze up and ready for this next dump, could be a possibility our whole system will be open, if not this weekend it'll be next. By then you guy's will have options on trail access accomidations.

Hows this place look ?? http://www.nestletonwatersinn.com/ :woot::woot:

Also Sunday Feb 1st is Yamafest ...... come on out if you can and enjoy a ride on the new Yami iron, have a pancake breakfast and add in a hay sleigh ride. Always a great weekend :woot: :woot: :woot:

It was my pleasure Jen! Glad to hear you enjoyed yourselves well enough to come back and ride with us again! As Nutter said; the rest of our 132 km of trails should be open after tomorrows dump of snow. Once the HoO trails open to our north there are some good day trips up that way too!

i guess i'm out of the loop here nutter,but what happened to the "team nutter " Fusion. Now i see a doo doo with the "team Nutter: banner ?

Some asshat decided to use me as a buffer from hitting the rubabarb on my side of trail

New sled Nutter ?

Ya my Poo was really pulling to the left after last Sunday's near death experiance ........ :o

100_3603.jpg

100_3607.jpg

Since I cashed one of my nine lives, I bought this low mile 06 Gade on Tuesday ........ going to try it out and see if I like the long track and the brand change :woot::woot:

100_3615.jpg

100_3616.jpg

100_3617.jpg

More trails to ride ......... it's only going to get better, possibly more by the weekend :woot::woot:

The PPSC Grooming team has been out all day attacking trails and will continue to do so (until mid April, ha ha).

Todays snow has allowed us to open a few more sections of trail...

Please see the Trail Conditions below:

foru-con.png

A text based version for all you guys on phones.... YUKON!!

PPSC Trail Conditions as of Jan 7, 2009

Lake Scugog remains unsafe for travel, Please wait until the club has staked the lake.

South trails:

E108 East from the Clubhouse to Long Sault -- Open & Groomed

E108 from the Clubhouse to Port Perry -- Closed, Wet swamps

PPSC #4 (Canal trail) -- Closed

PPSC #5 -- Limited, Watch for rough & icey areas

PPSC #6 -- Limited, Watch for rough & icey areas

PPSC #7 -- Limited, Watch for washouts & wind blown fields

PPSC #8 -- Closed

West trails:

E108 from Lake Scugog to Seagrave -- Limited, Watch for washouts

PPSC #3 -- Closed

PPSC #2 (E108 to Lake Scugog) -- Limited

PPSC #1 -- Closed

North trails:

E108 North from the Nonquon River to Hoo trails -- Limited, watch for wind blown fields.

More trails to ride ......... it's only going to get better, possibly more by the weekend :woot::woot:
The PPSC Grooming team has been out all day attacking trails and will continue to do so (until mid April, ha ha).

foru-con.png

Lake Scugog remains unsafe for travel, Please wait until the club has staked the lake.

South trails:

PPSC #8 -- Closed

West trails:

PPSC #3 -- Closed

PPSC #1 -- Closed

North trails:

E108 North from the Nonquon River to Hoo trails -- Limited, watch for wind blown fields.

Thanks, Nutter. Any guess as to when either route from the lake (in town) down to the clubhouse will be open? I would guess that the forest/boardwalk section is close.

foru-con.png

South trails:

PPSC #8 -- Closed

West trails:

PPSC #3 -- Closed

PPSC #1 -- Closed

North trails:

How much ice thickness do you require to consider it safe for sled travel,went out on Scogog on Sunday ice fishing and we were drilling thru 12+inches of ice .There were trucks and cars and sleds all over the Port Perry side of the lake.Just curious about policy..Dave

Anything over 8 inches of "good" ice would probably be considered OK but Scugog is inconsistant. The west side near Port can have a foot of ice and it can be open water at the north end of the island. Once we see huts and trucks on the lake we'll get Kelly out to stake the trails and he usually confirms good consistant safe conditions as he goes. Depending on his work schedule; there's sometimes a few days delay in getting the work done. By the way... the trails were staked on Jan. 12th.

thanks, I do apprieciate all the work that goes into getting these trails ready for us, even if I only ride down to the area 2 or 3 times a year

Update ............ :woot::woot:

Conditions-Jan-15th.jpg

Some PPSC pic's from last weekend :woot::woot::woot:

Here's some neat pic's from up on PPSC #1 at the Nonquon river crossing today, ever wonder why some trails take a while to open after a thaw ?? ......... check out the old ice level on the trees. :shock:

100_3703.jpg

100_3704.jpg

100_3705.jpg

100_3709.jpg

100_3710.jpg

100_3716.jpg

100_3717.jpg

Brian somewhere up on PPSC # 1

1100_3702.jpg

Brain and Joe on the trail

100_3707.jpg

Goingsledding and crew at the club house

100_3723.jpg

Mark and Charlene back at the club house after a day out on the trails

100_3732.jpg

Charlene looking pretty happy after her ride on a Yamaha Venture Light Demo .......... get out the check book Mark :D (Again big thanks to Yamaha of Canada for the loaner sleds .. awesome company with awesome products).

100_3731.jpg

Last class out of 5 this season of 35+ kids getting trained to ride the trails. (Big thanks to Bob and Debbie for for their comitment to training, and the awesome job they do) :beercheers:

100_3726.jpg

3 happy grads of todays course ..... of course as teens they are not aloud by "teen code" to look happy on camera .... but I asure you they were :lol:

100_3728.jpg

More happy riders at the end of the day ;-)

100_3725.jpg

100_3724.jpg

Random riders loadin em up till next weekend ........

100_3727.jpg

Anything over 8 inches of "good" ice would probably be considered OK but Scugog is inconsistant. The west side near Port can have a foot of ice and it can be open water at the north end of the island. Once we see huts and trucks on the lake we'll get Kelly out to stake the trails and he usually confirms good consistant safe conditions as he goes. Depending on his work schedule; there's sometimes a few days delay in getting the work done. By the way... the trails were staked on Jan. 12th.
Thanks for great reply..hope to get over and check out your system this year..Dave

i noticed that cover as well that looks pretty slick.

100_3727.jpg[/b]

Does anyone know what kind of trail cover that is? Kinda caught my eye. I hate trying to put mine on after a long ride in the dark. Thanks

Archived