Trail Permits Transfer!

Highway

i dont think u can. i know it has came up every year but i cant remember for sure.

I believe the serial number registered to the permit makes this impossible. Of course someone could ride the sled to help him out.

I believe the serial number registered to the permit makes this impossible.

I noticed on the form there is a place to fill in for transfer. Perhaps that is only if you sell the snowmobile though? I don't have it available to take a closer look right now.

When I purchased a new sled there was no problem transferring the permit. They just put it through as a lost and wrote the new info on the form.

When I purchased a new sled there was no problem transferring the permit. They just put it through as a lost and wrote the new info on the form.

It would be better if the unused permit was sent in too ,this takes it out of circulation. As far as transferring the permit goes it would be best to contact the OFSC . It does happen all the time but I don't know the legallity of it . You can switch ownership of a personallized plate so why not.

You see "new" unused permits for sale in every buy and sell paper all the time. People buy em slap em on and go. In my 10 years up here sledding in Haliburton- north, I have yet to be asked for the paperwork on a permit at any trailside stops. Most wave you through as soon as they see the sticker. When I have been stopped they are looking for boozin and no insurance.

Rick.

Just do a replacement for the permit. Take the permit with you to turn in, as well as all the paperwork and it is a $10 fee for the replacement. Simple.

Yes, that's what they did for me, not lost....

Just do a replacement for the permit. Take the permit with you to turn in, as well as all the paperwork and it is a $10 fee for the replacement. Simple.

Yes, that's what they did for me, not lost....

That is the right way .

Archived