Christmas Gift

ontariof7

I am sure we all have friends, sisters, brothers, aunts, in-laws, cousins etc that insist every year on purchasing you a small gift. Typically a bottle of wine (or Baileys) wrapped in the typical LCBO gift bag or some other small $20 item. Every year we tell them that was not necessary, but thank you. And, off course, there are the times when we feel obligated to purchase the same when invited to some ones home over the holidays; after all we cannot go empty handed.

Well for this year, Nicci and I are going to donate the $20 per gift to the OC Kelly Shires Foundation ride on their behalf. And for those relatives that ask the typical question over the next few weeks; "I have no idea what to get you, what do you need"? We are going to ask them for a $20 donation to the cause.

This idea may not be for everyone but we are hoping this idea spreads alittle...Happy Holidays!!!

Fabulous Idea! I already do that (sort of)....a few years ago we decided that instead of buying all those gifts (that they don't really need) for our friends and relatives - we make a lump sum dontation on their behalf to World Vision and buy medical supplies and food for African communities - last year we bought goats and HIV Medication. Our friends now do the same. It makes so much more sense to give a gift that can actually help others - like donating to Kelly Shires!

WTG F7 :wavey:

Fabulous Idea! I already do that (sort of)....a few years ago we decided that instead of buying all those gifts (that they don't really need) for our friends and relatives - we make a lump sum dontation on their behalf to World Vision and buy medical supplies and food for African communities - last year we bought goats and HIV Medication. Our friends now do the same. It makes so much more sense to give a gift that can actually help others - like donating to Kelly Shires!

Cool! and you didn't even mention my Baileys comment :o Did I just highjack my own thread?? :wtf:

Cool! and you didn't even mention my Baileys comment :o Did I just highjack my own thread?? :wtf:

Nope. And I don't think I'm highjacking it either when I mention that, just like Giddy, I bought a goat last year too ! ;)

(Well done Ontario7 !!)

Nope. And I don't think I'm highjacking it either when I mention that, just like Giddy, I bought a goat last year too ! ;)

(Well done Ontario7 !!)

I was wondering when this one was coming! :roll:

(Well done Ontario7 !!)

You sound like that nagging goat ! ! :x

(Well done Ontario7 !!)

Ewe better stop being so bhaaaaaaaaaad or I will not wear that damn Halloween costume again

(Well done Ontario7 !!)

Ewe better stop being so bhaaaaaaaaaad or I will not wear that damn Halloween costume again

Hey STG - I noticed when I made my donations for this years Christmas - they now have a Sheep you can buy too!!! It's for the needy African communities, however, they won't ship it to you I don't think.

I am sure we all have friends, sisters, brothers, aunts, in-laws, cousins etc that insist every year on purchasing you a small gift. Typically a bottle of wine (or Baileys) wrapped in the typical LCBO gift bag or some other small $20 item. Every year we tell them that was not necessary, but thank you. And, off course, there are the times when we feel obligated to purchase the same when invited to some ones home over the holidays; after all we cannot go empty handed.

Well for this year, Nicci and I are going to donate the $20 per gift to the OC Kelly Shires Foundation ride on their behalf. And for those relatives that ask the typical question over the next few weeks; "I have no idea what to get you, what do you need"? We are going to ask them for a $20 donation to the cause.

This idea may not be for everyone but we are hoping this idea spreads alittle...Happy Holidays!!!

Mmmmmmmm ... Baileys!

Great idea ontariof7 ... I asked my family to do that last year. They didn't listen very well ... they probably just need a little training (like those goats). It's a great way to fundraise and you end up getting exactly what you wanted!

good for you F7

gg

gf

gh

S

or in our cases, F7's rip,

gs

green thingys rip,,,,,,, like green deneros cash,

F7's can go, but the Ape RTX...now that rips!!! :lol:

Archived