oc get together at novi

nathangarber

Good idea to make this a new thread! See you there!

Good idea to make this a new thread! See you there!

So how was the Novi Show, SJ?...worth the trip?

I did something stupid with my laptop and have been rebuilding it since so haven't had time to post my impressions. Finally back up and running.

The Novi show was quite impressive! I feel it was well worth the trip.

As some mentioned in the threads before the show, the show has somewhat of a flea market feel with a lot of vendors competing with the same types of products.

It seems to be about the same size as the powersport show but it is more focused on sledding and sled accessories. There were at least a dozen sled dealers selling clothing and accessories for their brands and probably about the same number selling various name brands of clothing (Klim, FXR, Kastle, etc).

There were a number of booths selling everything from printed T-shirts to ladies 'unmentionables' and all types of sled gadgets.

The tourism booths were primarily focused on Michigan but there were also booths for Wawa Motor Inn and a Tourism Ontario Booth. At the Ontario booth, you could purchase OFSC permits ($150 US) and collect district maps for every district except 4 and 10.

I would recommend this show to anyone interested in trying something different with a lot of variety.

Pricing was quite good on most items at about 50 - 75% of our prices here on some items, but you do have to know what you are comparing to as there were some items that were almost the same price as here without taking the exchange into account.

While I travelled down Friday night and returned on Sunday, it can be easily done by leaving home early Saturday AM and arriving by noonish. The show is open until 8PM so there is still enough time to do the show well. After that, a nice meal (Olive Garden was great) and a nights rest to drive home Sunday.

I expect I will be returning again as it was a fun experience.

Unfortunately, the get together never really happened but it was great to meet catdoo there.

There were a number of booths selling everything from printed T-shirts to ladies 'unmentionables' ......

Something, I think, you shouldn't have mentioned. :P

Do I sense a 'critter' contingent heading down next year?????

There were a number of booths selling everything from printed T-shirts to ladies 'unmentionables' ......

Something, I think, you shouldn't have mentioned. :P

Do I sense a 'critter' contingent heading down next year?????

Shopping for my weekend outfits. ;)

Wow STG, I was going to offer some good ol' US hospitality until that post. YEOW!

Seriously tho. If you guys put together a group to come down, we'll do what we can to make you feel welcome. As I am a red hat member too.

Our Club sets up a booth and sells Michigan trail permits and we hold a Safety Class from 8-4. This year we had 98 students!! The number of vendors this year was way down and a lot of communities Canadian and US weren't represented like years past. Still a great show and some good deals. As Snomads, we can get you a little better deal with certain vendors. ;)

snomads.org.

Wow STG, I was going to offer some good ol' US hospitality until that post. YEOW!

Seriously tho. If you guys put together a group to come down, we'll do what we can to make you feel welcome. As I am a red hat member too.

Our Club sets up a booth and sells Michigan trail permits and we hold a Safety Class from 8-4. This year we had 98 students!! The number of vendors this year was way down and a lot of communities Canadian and US weren't represented like years past. Still a great show and some good deals. As Snomads, we can get you a little better deal with certain vendors. ;)

snomads.org.

Great Offer ! Thanks sleddog.

Archived