Old Trail Maps - across Lake Temagami

Looking for early 2000's trail map of Lake Temagami showing how to get to Field across the lake from Hwy 11 and down to field / river valley. Think it went out past Camp Chimo or White Bear and down to hwy 560?

Also was it not possible to go up North to Mowat landing and either elk lake or cobalt/new Liskeard back then? 

13 hours ago, revxengineer said:

Looking for early 2000's trail map of Lake Temagami showing how to get to Field across the lake from Hwy 11 and down to field / river valley. Think it went out past Camp Chimo or White Bear and down to hwy 560?

Also was it not possible to go up North to Mowat landing and either elk lake or cobalt/new Liskeard back then? 

HEre are some pics from a "Come Pla in they Snow"map which was handed out for many years by a tour company from Spanish. This map has 2006-2007 on it but I believe the Lake Temagami trails (at least the one towards Rocky's had disappeared a  few years before that. Pics are best I could do with my phone.

lake temagami 1.jpg

lake temagami1.jpg

The 2001 version of that same map does not have the southern arm shown above.

Just the east/west trail.

Thank you Ox! In 2001 we did a 1500+ mile loop starting in New Liskeard / Cochrane/Hearst/Wawa/Sault St. Marie/Iron Bridge/Rocky's/New Liskeard. We used only the Come Play in theSnow map for the whole trip. As I remember that map only had the western trail (which we used) on it but maybe not. 

It was an interesting trip. I started out with 8500+ miles on my 2008 XC600. I put a new track on in Hearst and rebuilt the primary clutch at The Shop in Lively. My buddy broke a ski mount on the hydro line north of Halfway. We Magiver'd it and got it replced in SSM the next morning. The dealers were great and we were only held up a few hours for each repair. We rode 2 parts of the North Channel on that trip as well. I had over 10,000 miles on the sled at the end of that trip. It got relegated to a "kids" sled and I got a new 2002 700 Edge X for the next season. Good memories.

• Like 6

1998 maybe?

This hangs on the wall in my shop:

Trailmap2001.thumb.jpg.2d4f5555733d5f21fdfaa2d51806b8a6.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Ox said:

1998 maybe?

This hangs on the wall in my shop:

We likely had the current map to use in 2001 so your original comment was likely correct. 

I had thought we rode the west trail the last year or a year prior to it not being an "official" trail any longer but by this 2006-2007 map, the trails still showed.