Great Conditions in D9 today Feb 11

Candubrain

Rode from Kincardine to Wiarton, around the bay down to Shallow Lake and home via Port Elgin, 310kms.  I was really amazed today on how good the trails held up after the rain and mild temps the last couple days.  

There were a couple wet spots,  and a couple fields that were thin at the crest of the hills, but very far and few between.    Good solid base, with fresh snow on top.

Caught a ski running the side of the road and got pulled into the ditch.....kept going ok until I couldn't get out and was heading for water and a right turn because of the intersection.   Made it through the water.....pin it kept ringing in my head.....navigated the sharp turn to the right......got out of the water but still in the ditch......right ski hooked a sapling and stopped me dead.    Broke off my right mirror and side deflector.

Surveyed what needed to be done to get myself out and just started digging out the front end when 2 gents on Polaris's stopped to help.     They helped me point the sled in the right direction and I was able to climb out from there.      Thanked them.....but never got names.

If you 2 guys are reading this....thanks again.

brian

• Like 11

9 hours ago, stoney said:

Come on, where’s the pictures!

Lol