BRP GO Navigation App

stoney

I did a search to see if this has been posted about other than mentioned in the odd thread, found nothing, so thought I would start one.

Anyone have any reports, feedback, etc....on this one?

I have recently seen two members ref it on QC trips, @Steve F6 here & @Thinksno on dootalk I think.

I just downloaded it, created an account and plotted the QC trip we are doing in a couple of weeks that are all saved just waiting to be used for each day.

Looks pretty decent to me looking at the phone vs. real world use.

• Like 1

The only issue i found with it was that two gas locations were not correct in La Sarre. Not an issue if you know the town.  Double check with google maps and quebec app. As far as trail navigation it was awesome! You can see the corners coming, which is fantastic, and the heated glove box worked great keeping it charged up. No loss of signal all day, even way north of La Sarre. The iPhone touch screen didnt like the vibes from the 2stroke so i was taking it out to set nav points at stops. I'll be using it again in areas im not familiar with. 

31 minutes ago, Steve F6 said:

The only issue i found with it was that two gas locations were not correct in La Sarre. Not an issue if you know the town.  Double check with google maps and quebec app. As far as trail navigation it was awesome! You can see the corners coming, which is fantastic, and the heated glove box worked great keeping it charged up. No loss of signal all day, even way north of La Sarre. The iPhone touch screen didnt like the vibes from the 2stroke so i was taking it out to set nav points at stops. I'll be using it again in areas im not familiar with. 

Thanks - and I just saw some feedback from thinksno on DT. He mentioned a few quirks about it on his ride in QC, like when you go off the planned route to get gas, it warns you of being off your route, annoying I guess.

So far I'm impressed. No, I don't own a Bombi...

This app highlights much of what I've mentioned about the PQ app, and how much better ours could be. Because examples!

How about that map background.

It's an actual map!

With a trail superimposed. Instead of a trail, with approximate map suggestions behind it.

I know what will be on my electronics this season, should we ever get one.

• Like 1