Deerhurst Resort

Kipawa

Wife and I are planning our annual snowmobiling vacation and thought we would give the Deerhurst a try this year. There are many choices of types of lodging to choose from. Can anyone please make a suggestion as to where you would stay there.We prefer slightly upscale. Previously,we have stayed at Sunset Inn (North Bay) Pickerel Lake Lodge (Burkes Falls) and Resort Tapatoo (Parry Sound)

Thank you,

Kipawa

Hi Kipawa.. The Deerhurst is a very beautiful resort. I have been there many times (passing through) and would like to stay there myself someday. I have also been to Crane Lake Resort and it is also a really nice place and on my list of places that I want to stay.

If it was me, I'd try go to the Deerhurst with the wife. You might end up going there every year like Canuck (he has a good story about the Deerhurst). Good luck with you trip planning.. Rick

In Huntsville I stay at Comfort Inn (when sledding with buddies) and Deerhurst when sledding with wife/family.

We have a cottage at Six Mile Lake (south of Parry Sound), and go on multi day trips north from there.

A few years ago, March Break, we left our cottage with 3 sleds and one caboose. Family of 6. Youngest child was 6 or 7, and she spent time in caboose. Destination - North Bay. Stayed in a few towns, then came to Huntsville.

Wife saw Deerhurst and claimed it was her 'mother ship'. ET hoooome. :)

We stayed there for 4 nights - never did get to North Bay :lol:

Bring running shoes - indoor tennis court, basketball, squash.

Indoor pool is great. Try to get a room in the main hotel, as opposed to one of the outer cabins.

And - winter rates are fantastic. Not sure if there is still a Sled Smart card, but ask about a snowmobile rate.

BTW - trails north towards North Bay are rough. Tough to groom the steep hills, and apparently it's at the southern end of the responsible clubs system.

We did day trips south to Dorset, etc. that year. Tip - since everyone rides the ice, the trail along the eastern edge of the lakes is usually fantastic.

Deerhurst is a fantastic place for the family. Unlike Canuck we usually stay in the outer cabins because we prefer to cook our own food for the most part.

We usually pay about 200 for a one bedroom suite.

Good luck and enjoy.

• 2 weeks later...

We have stayed at Deerhurst many times with our kid's during March break. We usually stay one the first floor of one of the Sports Villas. They each have a very large open area where the kid's can run around and play. These are suites and have a microwave, small fridge, cooktop and dishwasher. We bring our own food and cook our own meals.

Cheers.

We have stayed at Deerhurst many times with our kid's during March break. We usually stay one the first floor of one of the Sports Villas. They each have a very large open area where the kid's can run around and play. These are suites and have a microwave, small fridge, cooktop and dishwasher. We bring our own food and cook our own meals.

Cheers.

Well said. Those sports Villas with the open area are life savers. Keeps the kids occupied for hours! :P

Archived