Summer

Dan-Senior

5 hours ago, ArcticCrusher said:

For sure.  Gonna be riding this weekend, then heading to the Keys next weekend (damn) for a week, so this could very well be my last for this season.

there is five feet of snow in the bush up north. if you triler you could ride well into april, perhaps even into may.

When I was a teenager, my first dirt bike was a 1979 Honda XL250.  Had some great times with it, but foolishly sold it off a few years later for quick cash.   Time had gone by and I sure missed that Enduro.  Later, (3 decades later), I spotted a For-Sale ad in Sault Ste. Marie for a Honda XL500 from an older gentleman who had way too many toys in his garage.   I always wanted the bigger engine since my older brother owned the powerful XL500 and my friend Eddy had the XL600R.  Good news, I scooped up the classic XL500 about 10 years ago and am having the time of my life with it.  No more foolishness in thinking of selling it either.

BlackBerry 055.jpg

BlackBerry 067.jpg

Wow, do those Honda photos bring back memories!  I owned a 1977 Honda XL250, yellow and black (what was I thinking?)  A great, reliable bike that got me around the back roads of the Upper Ottawa Valley at the time.  I sold mine so I could buy a car.  Wish I had it back, but, to be honest ATV's get you back in the bush at little more safely as they don't tend to fall over at the worst times.

Archived