Subury Trails - ?

Sevey

Was hoping someone could jump in and give an update of the status of Sudbury area trails. I have heard there has not been a ton of new snow lately, which is holding trail openings up?

I am down towards Stayner and Wasaga and we have had a great start. This weeks thaw is going to hurt. Otherwise the entire area might be green.

Need to start planning some trips but the trail map is slow with green trails....

MS

I was up that way until Jan 2nd.  I took my quad as there wasn't much snow.  I think they have only got a couple of inches since.  Stuff should be nicely frozen up, but i'm sure it still needs snow for anything but the smoothest of trail beds.

Things should be going yellow and then green soon after.

The way we do the yellow, green thing here is

first pass with the groomer = yellow

second pass with the groomer = green, unless something is wrong and needs to stay yellow.

Most trails around here have had at least one pass.

ITG updates are a little slow as we have somebody new learning how to do the updates.

North of us apparently has considerably less snow so I've heard.

for real trail updates come to me if unsure.

If I don't know I will find out.

Thanks Soup.

We have spoke before. 

We have had a pretty good start to the season with the lake effect off Georgian Bay and thought Sudbury would catch a bit, but seems to have missed. Our little thaw is going to hurt us in the next few days and am looking forward to going back north.

Glad your episode in the water had a reasonably happy ending. Seeing that machine in the water was unsettling. Years ago I got goosed in swamp and since then carry a small come-along. I wished I was with you cause I could have drug that thing back out in 15 min. A friend of mine dumped his Renegade over the side of the escarpment at Glen Huron 2 seasons ago. With three of us there was no way we were pulling that thing back off the bluff. I was able to grab the back end and drag it back up the hill onto flat ground. Saved my back big time - and maybe the sled.

Mark S.

The episode in the water was nothing more than a big PIA, I've done it before but not that deep.

Machine is ready to rock and going to pick up in the am.

Still waiting for ins to approve the estimate.

1 hour ago, soupkids said:

Things should be going yellow and then green soon after.

The way we do the yellow, green thing here is

first pass with the groomer = yellow

second pass with the groomer = green, unless something is wrong and needs to stay yellow.

Most trails around here have had at least one pass.

ITG updates are a little slow as we have somebody new learning how to do the updates.

North of us apparently has considerably less snow so I've heard.

for real trail updates come to me if unsure.

If I don't know I will find out.

Sudbury was black all day yesterday due to last update on the 5th. Update today still shows most closed.

Archived