Kemptville Breakfast and Ride 1-6-18

BruteMan

We Staged at Kemptville Clubhouse this morning for the pancake breakfast event which was awesome then proceeded to do a 5 sled tour of the areas trails

Took the feeder trail from the clubhouse to Trail 1 - conditions was well packed and groomed some tall grasses and cattails but no stumpage or rocks even the shoulders and ditches were well groomed. we lost our first member in a 2up 660T seems like the secondary clutch/ bearings going he lost his speedo so parked it to get it looked at later this week his backup Sled just wouldn't start for him in these temps. down to 4 riders and a passenger on the other 2up.

Trail 1 > G50 into North Augusta outskirts and turn around again a few knobby spots on G50 but Trail 1 was pristine. noticed a smell form the other 660T 2up his brake caliper was stuck bit of elbow power and some tools loosened it up and was fine rest of the day but you coulda cooked a T bone on that brake disc for a while.

Backtrack G50 to G51 turned south some ruffer areas a few sticks kicked a couple stones but for a base it was well packed and groomed with what there was to work with but a ruffer run it needs more snow to fill in the dips and dives there.

G51 to Feeder to south end of Trail 1 again the Feeder and Trail 1 had good base and well groomed grasses showing no rocks noted

Trail 1 back to clubhouse dropped off 2 of our group due to cold and the passenger at home.

So the 2 of us free of the women and ready for a faster paced run hit the  Rail line south (also called feeder on the ITG at the 3 way trail meeting east end of trail 1) opened up and did a quick run into Prescott fueled up at the Esso and returned back to staging area the rail line has a couple spots closer to Prescott with some caution tape mostly bare ice for 50 feet but the rest was well packed snow and not a single rock popped out on us.

Over all the trails down that way seem well groomed and packed they are just lacking snow club figures with 10 - 20 cm more snow will make them green and golden but for us out on a -45C windchill day i'll take what i can get and it was a good ride tacked on ruffly 125km.  The cold didn't touch us long as we kept sledding it was the stopping for a smoke break that exposed skin got cold real fast. also damn iphone wouldn't last more than a min in the cold so i didn't get any pics. next week i'll send some while helping them out with some grooming.

1-6-18 ride.JPG

Anxious to try the trails down that way soon. Made it from Kemptville (parked at G-T) as far as Spencerville  last year (Bar and Grille! Great food, and local beer!) after getting lost and turned around, on trails that seemed to peter out trying to get to Limerick Forest. (My "off season" riding area).. 

Archived