Riding Solo - Cochrane - Hearst

sledzz

I have never been up as far as Cochrane. I was thinking of driving up from Ottawa on the 10th of March and riding solo from Cochrane to Hearst. Just wondering what type of trail it is, tight and twisty or wide and straight or a mix? i have a satellite phone and all of the safety gear. Does anyone know of a rescue / towing / trailer service if needed?? i would obviously expect to pay. Just in case, want to cover all bases in case of mechanical issues. Thanks for any info provided.

5 minutes ago, sledzz said:

I have never been up as far as Cochrane. I was thinking of driving up from Ottawa on the 10th of March and riding solo from Cochrane to Hearst. Just wondering what type of trail it is, tight and twisty or wide and straight or a mix? i have a satellite phone and all of the safety gear. Does anyone know of a rescue / towing / trailer service if needed?? i would obviously expect to pay. Just in case, want to cover all bases in case of mechanical issues. Thanks for any info provided.

PM me your cell phone number and dates you'll be up.  From what gather, I'm the local Plan B ....

Mix of medium tight trails and more open, with lots of wide open stretches. Beauty trails, most have been groomed recently. 

Might want to consider the Spot Connect device, and u can add the roadside service option. 

sledzz, it should also be possible to hook up and ride with others. The Corridor is always popular that time of year, but even more so this year.

Archived