Where to park north of Madoc

infernobuster

OFSC map is showing green/yellow north of Madoc all the way into Whitney.

Anyone know where i can park truck / trailer north of Madoc and hope onto the trail system ?

I would confirm with a local before you go...we left that area 10km north of Madoc Monday and the forcast was 20-30mm of rain....

There is a place at Hwy 62 and St. Ola Rd. Trudy's gas bar with an LCBO there. Parking is behind the gas station off St. Ola Rd with the rail line out the back of parking area. 

Don't rely on fuel there as they are out at times. (Think they will be outa business soon, which is to bad) 

You can also have a look at the old cheese factory in Eldorado and see if the parking lot is plowed. Trail crosses the Hwy just north of there. 

Read on Limerick lodge web site that after the rain it changed to snow and got about 4 inches. 

Thanks.

May consider going up for a ride. I heard that they are grooming around barrys bay, whitney area and south of there.

A bit up the highway from Trudy's is the side road @ the intersection of 62 & 620. OK to park there, just don't get in the way of the plows coming & going from the MTO yard.

Park at the old Gilmore Inn, on Weslemkoon Lake Road. E106 cuts right through the parking lot. Lots of room and easy unload area. 

I forgot about that. A popular spot for sledders & ATVers (in the summer).

Gonna try to get up to that area on Friday. Looks like another few inches up there tomorrow.get the kid out for a rip before schools starts back up. How far down Weslemkoon to old film our inn?

Sorry. Old gilmour inn.?

About a mile & a half.

Thanks Revrnd, I am always a little nervous when I am towing a trailer and and am unsure of where to park.

Archived