Moonbeam accommodations

Muldar

Does anyone have any suggestions for accommodations neasr the trail in or around Moonbeam.. Thx for your help

I'd look to Kap .... I'm not even sure there's a motel in Moonbeam ... they might rent you a corner in the groomer garage if you promise to help do dishes on weekends ....

I'd look to Kap .... I'm not even sure there's a motel in Moonbeam ... they might rent you a corner in the groomer garage if you promise to help do dishes on weekends ....

Apparently there was a motel @ 1 time:

http://www.sleddersworld.com/departments/ontarioDB/view.php?rec=1110

There used to be the Blue Moon Motel, but was torn down a few years ago.

I am aware of one cottage at Remi Lake that is available to rent, year round:  http://kapbonnie.wix.com/moonbeam-cottages (There is also an ad on Kiijiji, under short term rentals, about this same property). The location is great. Paved access and very close to the TOP A trail. I used to live about 4 houses down from there.

I was playing with Garmin yesterday, pulling some POI's from City Navigator to waypoints so that they could be used with the TrakMaps.  According to Garmin CNNA 2017.10, there is a Thriftlodge just to the west of where the trail crosses the tracks and runs between the tracks and the road.

Must be a pretty small one because it think it is hidden between a couple of houses :lmao:

I was playing with Garmin yesterday, pulling some POI's from City Navigator to waypoints so that they could be used with the TrakMaps.  According to Garmin CNNA 2017.10, there is a Thriftlodge just to the west of where the trail crosses the tracks and runs between the tracks and the road.

Must be a pretty small one because it think it is hidden between a couple of houses :lmao:

Must be like the lodgings waypoint someone had marked at the west end of Hearst (past the Villa). When I was thru there in the summer of 2014 I could see there was no evidence of a business ever being located there.

Just shows to go you that you can't always trust the Garmin POI's either.  The name was Thriftlodge Cochrane :-)  |The actual ThriftLodge in Cochrane just says "Motel"

We're in the boonies up here....a few years ago, GPS sent an 84 year old gentleman, his wife, and their mega-sized motorhome to the Provincial Park at Remi Lake, via the forestry nursery....got stuck. And it was hours before anyone found them.

Sometimes you just can't get there from here....

I guess that explains the sign at the 4 corner stop going to the clubhouse .... saw it this winter and laughed, knowing someone must have tried it ...lol.!!!

Archived