Pics of Toured ride to James Bay!

Ox

For anyone not on Bryans list - here is a link to his pics from their trip up to Attawapiskat!

This is a very good peek into the further north. I noticed that the ice road trucks must have been all done for the season tho. Too bad.

There are MANY duplicates in the list, but I just set it to "slideshow" and set the time on fastest and let'r fly. Lots to see!

Many pics starting at the Bristol in Wawa and heading up through Hornelpayne and hearst, on up the Missinabbi. Many pics of Hells Gate Falls / rapids area. No pic of the ice bridge at the Moose tho. :wtf:

Not sure where the pics of the Curling club was taken. Kinda looks like Hearst, but could be anywhere I s'pose. ???

Pics in Moosonee, and then many from the iceroad up to Attawapiskat and back. The train back south to Cochrane, and what I assume to be some from the returning trip from Cochrane to Wawa again.

GREAT PICS Bryan! 8-):wavey:

You will need to register to the site to be able to view for some reason. ??? But it was actually painless - nomatter how much a kicked and screamed to Bryan before dooing it. :oops:

I joined Snapfish some time ago... membership finally has it's privileges :lol: It's easy, give it a try.

AWESOME COLLAGE of PHOTOS. Thanks.

Is any part of this on the 'new' road north for diamond exploration? There was an article in this week's paper about a 'new' road, and that folks in Moose Factory, etc. had a road south until it melted. An :idea: went off, and I wondered if anyone was riding sleds on the 'road'.

In any event, great photos.

Thanks.

WOW!!! Great Pics.

I believe that the road from Fraserdale up to Moosonee is only for this yr as they were using it for the building of the new hydro line up to the DeBeers Mine.

The road from Moosonee to Attawapiskat has been in use for many yrs, although management of it has turned from Provincal to DeBeers - which has of course came with some controversy. :poke:

I hafta wonder if they will continue to open this route in later yrs or not? With the new mines going in up yonder - there will Shirely be a lot more traffic than historically. May be enough to justify the cost of the rd over the rail?

Archived