WTB Yamaha front "W" arm for monoshock suspension.

That's an expensive part if he buys it new. I hope he finds a used one. I know a guy in orillia that sells used yamaha parts but that's far from where you live.

This guy shows what can be done...you have to stop it to see the reinforcing gussets.

Completely agree with apexman.

Don't spend money on a used W arm. Rather get it welded BUT absolutely have the gussets and reinforcements added. ( I learned the hard way)

Check out Halfbakedcoatings.com. Great site to show where reinforcement is needed.

Completely agree with apexman.

Don't spend money on a used W arm. Rather get it welded BUT absolutely have the gussets and reinforcements added. ( I learned the hard way)

Check out Halfbakedcoatings.com. Great site to show where reinforcement is needed.

reweld and reinforce 

Another Phase

You never mentioned what sled It was from. My first guess would be a 2005 RX1 or 2006 Apex. Second guess would be a 2007 Apex

What sled/year is it?

It is from an '06 Attak. He is pulling the skid tonight and will make a decision on how to deal with it once he sees how bad it is. By the way he described it to me it sounded pretty beat up. Thanks to all who responded. Appreciate the feedback!

Because mine was so beat up, I opted to just get a new beefed up one and haven't worried about it since.

Because mine was so beat up, I opted to just get a new beefed up one and haven't worried about it since.

My 05 turned itself into 7 pieces so I bought a new one and reinforced it...the welded the original 05 back together as a spare. I did my 06 right away...but the 05 is still fine almost 10,000kms later. It is a weak point in an otherwise fantastic skid..

Curious guys.......if I was to order one, what year new W Arm will fit into a 2006? 

Believe the 05-09 pretty much all the same with the 05 having no grease zerks. 2010 seen the debut of the mono2 skid.

Mines been welded together a couple times as well

Archived