Family Day Weekend Grooming

Pembroke Stratos 285XL

Hello Brian, we are planning a four-day trip in District 11 on the Family Day weekend...unfortunately its also the free weekend as well.  Saturday we are sledding from Restoule to Temagami, Sunday from Temagami to Bonfield, and Monday Bonfield back to Mattawa.

Do you see any issues on the days we've chosen (potentially rough trails)?  Is there any additional grooming planned during this busy weekend?

Thanks for your help Brian!

Firstly it is supposed to be very cold on the Family Day Weekend and that will cut down on the riding big time.

The AD trail on the pipeline will probably be groomed Friday & Saturday, I really don't know the schedule.

Follow our Groomers Live at www.nbsc.ca/trails and hit SPOT Link.

We groom A112A (best route to Mattawa) twice a week.

The dry snow doesn't pack well and is easily torn up.

I talked to 3 big groups at The Portage today and they were very happy with our trails.

I may know more tomorrow after our Board Meeting.

We are generally not a big weekend grooming club due to limited Volunteers and wasted hours with traffic.

We just returned from our trip today, other than the weather everything was great!  Beautiful trails Brian.

We just returned from our trip today, other than the weather everything was great!  Beautiful trails Brian.

Don't complain! Last time I went there and poured rain and I had to leave a day early, that was back at the end of jan 2013!

Thank you, all area trails seem to now be in great shape.

Just back from our District 11 meeting and clubs around Burks a Falls south to Kearney are reporting extremely high traffic in the last few weeks and particular this weekend.

Traffic is always high there on a weekend! When I was there end of jan I meet up with about 125 sleds on d south from Kearney to just north of bracebridge. Once I got off the d and headed towards Huntsville, traffic disappeared. Always try to go mid week.

Traffic is always high there on a weekend! When I was there end of jan I meet up with about 125 sleds on d south from Kearney to just north of bracebridge. Once I got off the d and headed towards Huntsville, traffic disappeared. Always try to go mid week.

Agreed!  We leave this Wednesday morning (last minute trip) from Petawawa to do the RAP tour, first night is Bonfield.  Looking forward to more North Bay trails!

Archived