Trail to Notre Dame du Nord

revrnd

I read somewhere about someone asking about the stakeline across Temiscaming to PQ from New Liskeard. Has it been done this winter? And how well is the trail marked in Quebec? The winter we rode into PQ, the stake line just stopped & there really wasn't any signage saying where the land trail was. We got to the FCMQ trail eventually.

I ran stake line 2 weeks ago. On Quebec side, I followed Quebec trail signs across the highway bridge over the river (wide open, major current) in Notre Dame, veered left into arena parking lot, picked up trail over a field, crossed a side road, then another field which ended in a small frozen river/channel. Ride south on river (a million sled tracks) to Lake Temiscaming. Stake line started there. About 20 km following stakes to New Liskeard. Piece of cake. Watch for pressure ridges (there were 4 of them, 2 to 5 feet high).

I ran stake line 2 weeks ago. On Quebec side, I followed Quebec trail signs across the highway bridge over the river (wide open, major current) in Notre Dame, veered left into arena parking lot, picked up trail over a field, crossed a side road, then another field which ended in a small frozen river/channel. Ride south on river (a million sled tracks) to Lake Temiscaming. Stake line started there. About 20 km following stakes to New Liskeard. Piece of cake. Watch for pressure ridges (there were 4 of them, 2 to 5 feet high).

Like he said very simple and no issue.  We usually come in from the top side though down the river from Belle Valle.

I'm not planning on being up there this winter, but just remembered that once we got to the Quebec end of the stake line, there wasn't much in the way of signage. Just a lot of tracks.

Archived