GANARASKA FOREST IS YELLOW

thetorches

Just noticed the ganny has gone yellow. Has anybody checked it out. Didn't think it would be open yet. Went to Lindsay saturday and seen a couple of sleds along the hwy. 35/115. Thanks for any info.

There was a pickup w/ a sled trailer parked @ the top of Enterprise Hill beside Hwy 35 this morning.

I miss the ganny so much! Id love to take my 340 in there for a day...used to ride 250f in there.

I live just north of the ganny near Millbrook. Lots of people have been out judging by the sled tracks. I was out yesterday to have a look. They are in much need of more snow. Lots of rocks, stick, logs and leaves still on the trail. I spent a bunch of time yesterday picking up rocks and wood.

The inner trails have more snow but they can be rougher so you need to be careful. Lots of bumps and dips. Some of the trails adjacent to the fields have marginal snow cover. 

I was surprised to meet the groomer out there yesterday as we hadn't really had that much more snowfall the past couple of days.

The trails to the east and west are still listed closed so porter road is probably the best place to park a truck and trailer if you decide you want to go and dodge rocks.

If everyone stopped a few times to move a rock or piece of wood the trails would be better. Every rock the log that gets dragged by the groomer tears up the trail and any darker spot will attract the sun and cause the snow to melt

Thanks. Maybe i'll take a drive there tomorrow and check it out.

Thanks for info. Where's the best place to park if coming from the west side.

Bottom of hwy 35 where it meets the 115. The lot is always plowed and very safe. Never had problems there. You can hit the trail there and go through the tunnel under the 115 and into the Forrest on eastbound 108

OK. I know where you meen. Thanks.

Rode the Ganny today. Eastbound 108 from hwy 115 in pretty rough shape. Westbound a little better. Really not enough snow in there yet.

The eastern part of the trail from the 115 to the forest isn't actually posted as open yet. Just the actual forest area.

Friends of Ganaraska Snowmobile Club

January 13 at 10:22am ·

The club has posted the main forest from the Long Sault junction to the Milbrook rail trail as limited.

Trail is groomed right to the 115 tunnel. Pretty sure the tunnel is where Long Sault trail begins.

I know that Long Sault takes care of some of the trails eat of the tunnel.

Archived