D8 - Where to Stay ?

SlowTouringGuy

Looking for Hotel/Motel recommendations:

Creemore

Staynor

Elmvale

Singhampton

or 'thereabouts".

Interested in hearing about options for that area for an overnight or for a base for a couple of loops. 

thanks !! 

How many in your group?  When are you planning this trip?  I know a house in the area that has a lovely guest-room and excellent food...backs onto C Trail south of Elmvale :D

I'll keep that in mind !!!!  

Any chance we can send Mr. Giddy and SlowTouringGal to Oshawa for a dozen eggs while you and I test out the Hot Tub ??   :-D  ;-)  ;-)

Heeeheee!   :right_on:

However, I just came back from running all the 400 series trails around here as well as the C trail from Penetang south...this is an area that you need to doo.  Lots of field and road riding towards Singhampton....so....good for maybe 1 loop ...but you need to do Sno Voyageurs trails and do a loop around Midland/Penetang and south towards where I live.  These trails are in mint condition and not much road riding to speak of ;)  Let me know when you firm up your plans....perhaps we could ride with you :D  :hugs:

I actually think Wasaga Beach is in the middle of the region you've outlined. Consider staying there.

You could sled to Wasaga Beach from your place in a few hours. Head for Coldwater then cut across to Simcoe Road 6 (I'll find the trail number later).

Others in your group could meet you there as it's very central (or feign mechanical breakdown and leave you 2 alone).

Trails were mint last Sunday and they'll stay that way for a while. Lots of fields and a surprising amount of wide open, Cochrane style trails between Elmvale and Wasaga.

Not many places to stay in the areas you listed Mr. M.  However, you could either stay in Wasaga as Canuck suggests......or Midland - Comfort Inn & Best Western are right on C Trail......as is my house btw ;)  (y)  

Looking for Hotel/Motel recommendations:

Creemore

Staynor

Elmvale

Singhampton

or 'thereabouts".

Interested in hearing about options for that area for an overnight or for a base for a couple of loops. 

thanks !! 

Probably better luck going into Wasaga for accomodation then the surrounding towns and then riding out from there. The local club house is in Wasaga Sports Park at Klondike Park Rd and Powerline Rd with lots of parking and the trail is right there. There is a motel that is open year round right at the corner of Main St and River Rd E. There are a number of others as well I just can't remember their names for sure. There is one on Mosley that I believe is called Luau Motel and there is one I believe that is also open year round that I think is called Georgian Motel. For that one you take Main St bridge over the river and go right at the split. It is a brick building on the right just before you actually hit the beach front. You have better options of where to eat in the beach than you do the other places you mentioned.

When are you going? I am likely spendng the weekend there the weekend of the 15th.

Archived