HOO Trail update anyone?

Canadoo

hoping to head out after work today or tomorrow for a quick blast leaving from Uxbridge, maybe over towards port perry, up to Fenelon Falls and back around through Cannington.  

Just want to know if there are any areas to avoid or trails that I should ride.  Its been a few years since I've ridden HOO trails.   thanks in advance.

We rode them on Saturday during the PPSC Poker Run. 

Their inner trails weren't too bad, but the rail beds sucked. 

Both their groomers were parked at the Clubhouse, and hadn't been moved in at least 24hrs. 

IMO, I'd avoid their trails as much as possible. 

On the other hand...PPSC trails rocked!

We rode them on Saturday during the PPSC Poker Run. 

Their inner trails weren't too bad, but the rail beds sucked. 

Both their groomers were parked at the Clubhouse, and hadn't been moved in at least 24hrs. 

IMO, I'd avoid their trails as much as possible. 

On the other hand...PPSC trails rocked!

We were talking at the chip truck place Monte I didnt think about it until you left..lol

Candoo The trails are a lot better then what Monte let on.

The trails in Port are ice in a lot of corners but they are marked with caution tape. The trails ( B103 and E108 ) that you would take are ridden hard but were groomed sunday night.

We were talking at the chip truck place Monte I didnt think about it until you left..lol

Candoo The trails are a lot better then what Monte let on.

The trails in Port are ice in a lot of corners but they are marked with caution tape. The trails ( B103 and E108 ) that you would take are ridden hard but were groomed sunday night.

i have no studs on my sled right now (new track) so ice I don't like...   Port Perry always grooms nicely, but almost too much IMO, the trails are always rock hard, and not many good loops unless you go towards the ganny or use Scugog.   Good to know HOO have been groomed in the last few days, thanks apexman, I'll run my original loop.   I love the B103 trail west of fenelon, lots of good bush and farmers fields to run.

thanks Monte, that is too bad!    you'd think they'd groom for satruday traffic?   

Does anyone else know if they groomed in the last 3 days?

They did

i have no studs on my sled right now (new track) so ice I don't like...   Port Perry always grooms nicely, but almost too much IMO, the trails are always rock hard, and not many good loops unless you go towards the ganny or use Scugog.   Good to know HOO have been groomed in the last few days, thanks apexman, I'll run my original loop.   I love the B103 trail west of fenelon, lots of good bush and farmers fields to run.

Check  there facebook https://www.facebook.com/heartofontario

page for the groomer reports.I have run that loop lots of times this season

Ha!  I never even thought about Forum guys, and possibly meeting them. 

I was with Barberch off of here. 

Glad to have chatted.  Hope you had a good day!  My Poker hand sucked, but my partner got a pair of 10's and ended up with a hat.

Ha!  I never even thought about Forum guys, and possibly meeting them. 

I was with Barberch off of here. 

Glad to have chatted.  Hope you had a good day!  My Poker hand sucked, but my partner got a pair of 10's and ended up with a hat.

We got a pair of socks. But they were Yamaha socks Lol pair of A's

Glad you had a good ride.It was cold...trails were hard.I like night rides...less sleds and hard trails. They have had to groom up that way a lot because the snow plows have been taking the trail out when they  plow the roads.Its a constant battle.

Thanks ApexMan for responding; our groomers are out nearly everyday. Some trails are groomed daily while others may only be 2 times a week.

Had b103 west of sunderland been done? I was on it friday, and saturday(to head to port perry poker run), and it was horrible. 

Had b103 west of sunderland been done? I was on it friday, and saturday(to head to port perry poker run), and it was horrible.

I only rode from Uxbridge to fenelon. It was a bit stuttered south of the groomer shack but dont know if they went west.

Gotta groom for the weekend traffic. I saw nobody out last night but no bother me..

The groomer did B103 west to Georgina Sunday afternoon.  Too late for me, unfortunately.  It was pretty brutal before that.

• 11 months later...

Hoping to go from Beaverton to Fenelon Falls.

Just wondering how the trails are?

We went "Yamahaing" :-P  from port perry to Beaverton on Saturday..Two guys we met from Fenelon Falls said that the trails were good all the way..That was before we got 4" of snow..

We went "Yamahaing" :-P  from port perry to Beaverton on Saturday..Two guys we met from Fenelon Falls said that the trails were good all the way..That was before we got 4" of snow..

Haha nice quoting.  Thanks for the update though.

• 4 weeks later...

Thanks ApexMan for responding; our groomers are out nearly everyday. Some trails are groomed daily while others may only be 2 times a week.

Are you responsible for the trail that runs from Sunderland towards Baldwin?

I don't have much good to say about the railway line or that trail from the past weekend...

Are you responsible for the trail that runs from Sunderland towards Baldwin?

I don't have much good to say about the railway line or that trail from the past weekend...

PM Sent.  Locking thread - Started last year.

Archived