Food around Sundridge?

steve c

Haven't been to Sundridge in a few years, not happy with the Caswell last few times we went there.  Looked on their website today and it looks like they have updated the dining room and changed the menu.  Is the website up to date? or has anyone been there lately, or any recommendations on other places, farthest north would probably be Powassan and west would be Magnetawan area. Thanks

Can't comment on Caswell but Northridge is always good but more upscale and expensive.  Others eats in Sundridge:  Michael's On Main (across from Caswell); Marc Anthony's (near the gas stations, now called Hwy 124); Blue Roof Restaurant.

South River: Antonio's (at the Shell station, main street or Hwy 124) 

Trout Creek: TJ's Restaurant & Motel. (main intersection)

Powassan: Kudos Restaurant (south end of town)

Magnetawan:  The newly rebuilt place where Schmeler Hotel was is good. (Main intersection)

That's some, prolly more I forgot to mention.

Great list, whits-end. Thanks.

And thank you, schnitzel for breakfast guy.   :-P

schnitzel for breakfast guy.   :-P

While many might think that this is an aquired taste, it is in fact the result of many years of study and practice. For my efforts, I have been admitted on full scholarship to the prestigious STG Institute's minus 12 step  -Adding a Nice Hearty German Lager  to Your Breakfast Schnitzel.- Program.

I consider it part of my retirement readiness strategy. Having followed everybody else's schedules like one of Pavlov's dogs for my entire working career - soon it will be time to follow my own.

Archived