Sudbury Loop Info Please

Big Pussy

I am planning a Dalton weekend trip to Lively on the Friday staying at the Red Carpet Inn.  On the saturday we would do the Cartier Moose Loop clockwise and sunday, the Chiniguch Wolf Loop clockwise.

For the Moose Loop, I figure I need gas at Windy Lake and Capreol on the way back.

For the Wolf Loop, gas up at Capreol and at Kukagami Lake on the way back.

Are these gas stations still alive and if so will they be open on saturday/sundayand how late?  How easy are they too find?

I have never ridden in this area and any help would be appreciated.  Any other tips ?

BP

For the Wolf Loop, you can fuel at Rocky's.  Great place for food as well.  Fuel is reasonably priced there.  It is a great riding area.  One of my fav's

Where is Rocky's ?  I need something on the east side.

BP

Rocky's is where 64 and 62 meet on the ease side of the lake.  However is is a short (20 min) detour down 78 and 62 from C206D to Rocky's.  Better food and cheaper gas than at Sportsmans on Kukagami, IMO.

The gas symbol on the IAFG on the east side of Wanapitei Lake is Rocky's

Last year, the gas at the Esso in Capreol was a going concern. It is quite easy to find - just take the 55 trail off C into town and then turn right and follow trail 65 to the end.

post-19713-0-61242400-1390857463_thumb.j

post-19713-0-37484600-1390857465_thumb.j

There is a donut store attached to the gas station. I am thinking you might like to get a soup and sandwich there, as I have heard some bad reports about the length of time it takes to get service at Rockies (which is located on Lake Wahnipitae) That's as much as I can help you here.

Hopefully zozo or soupkids can chip in here as they know Sudbury trails really well. When they're not here, you can find them arguing over on Freedom Sledder .... :console:

Windy Lake Motel has fuel

Rocky's has fuel and is the same price as in town

Sportsman gas is always expensive, but if you need it it is there

depending if you are doing the Moose Loop and heading back to Lively , you can get gas in Azilda and head across the lake back to Lively

Archived