Carolyn Beach Motel - Thessalon - Huh?

revrnd

Checking their website tonight I have to wonder why they have such detailed info on snowmobiling when they're closed during the winter?

http://www.carolynbeach.ca/main.php?Formcontent_Page=7

That does seem odd, doesn't it? Maybe something came up suddenly causing them to close, and they haven't had time to fully update their web site.

If you can add the update easily on the page, wouldn't it be easy to delete the rest? 

We stayed there once in March on the way to Wawa...the only customers, and passing by several times in winter / spring the lot has been empty. Place is great in the summer with the beach and very enticing when hwy 17 sweeps by, but distant from town in winter and restaurant is closed. The trail past the motel is dependent on ice as well and never looks like it opens.

I just called there and the answering machine says they are closed for the season.

The website sure promotes themselves for snowmobiliers ...

Very odd

I just called there and the answering machine says they are closed for the season.

The website sure promotes themselves for snowmobiliers ...

Very odd

X2

I emailed them & will post if I get a reply.

On a related note I wish places would say on their websites if the are open year round or are a three season business. A lot of lodges in NW Ontario are owned by Americans & the sites usually list a winter address. 

We stayed at the North Shore B and B a few years ago. 

Reasonably priced, very clean. Might've had a shnapps or 3 with the host   :rolleyes: .  

Call ahead to see if they're open in the winter. We were referred to them by a local restaurant near the shore.

http://www.canadianbandbguide.ca/bb.asp?ID=4285

Archived