Map Advertising

revrnd

The comments about maps ads brought to mind the Dist' 1 (I think) map of a couple of years ago. It didn't have a single sledding related business. Just contractors ,road builders & lumber yards. No restaurants or accommodations.

The comments about maps ads brought to mind the Dist' 1 (I think) map of a couple of years ago. It didn't have a single sledding related business. Just contractors ,road builders & lumber yards. No restaurants or accommodations.

Revrnd, I am looking at the District 1 Map from 2013 (and the sponsors have not changed a lot in the last few years). The map includes

-6 separate ads from various businesses which offer accomodations in addition to a complete list of hotels/motels with phone numbers.

-16 separate ads for various restaurants.

-5 separtae ads for fuel stops.

-Each OEM has provided a complete list of all their dealers in District 1 with contact info.

-Numerous part suppliers to the power sports industry including Triton Trailers

-The Shop Industrial, MTN Snow Equipment, Soucy,Gilbert Groomers all purchase ads.

-11 Contruct Companies who all supply services to our 23 clubs at well below market prices.

-Park & Ride ad listing gps waypoints for for visditors to District 1.

-a complete listing of all Ditrict 1 clubs with contact info.

-and a whole bunch more who favor us with a paid sponsorship.

Our District Manager puts a lot of time into our map and it raises significant funds for the District which goes right back on the snow by way of fuel subsidies for the grooming clubs, sign subsidies, safety programs, etc.

Why not  send me your mailing address (info@riversidesnowmobileclub.ca) and I will send you the 2013/2014 map or maybe stop by the booth at the Toronto Show and pick one up.

Big Pete I never got last year's D1 map. The map in question was from 11/12. I was just guessing that it was D1's. Whichever district it was, other than the "map" it wasn't that informative other than the obligatory OFSC messages that seem to take up a lot of space on each district's.

I'll make sure to get the map at the show to update the accommodations database.

Will be working at the D1 booth on Saturday. Hopefully we can meet

Big Pete I never got last year's D1 map. The map in question was from 11/12. I was just guessing that it was D1's. Whichever district it was, other than the "map" it wasn't that informative other than the obligatory OFSC messages that seem to take up a lot of space on each district's.

I'll make sure to get the map at the show to update the accommodations database.

Yep, actually the district 1 map is pretty good for advertising. Their web site also has a list of accomodations - go to map page, click on accomodation button....a bit outdated though - Palmerston Lake Motel is closed and for sale for one.

Will be working at the D1 booth on Saturday. Hopefully we can meet

Big Pete - won't be at the show Saturday, but if you are talking to your district manager about maps, see if he can't educate the owners of the Colonial Inn and the Aquarius Motel in Perth. Neither are your map sponsors but both are ideal sledding stops in that they have good drive from room trail access, gas and food near by. I have sent emails to a couple of owners in that area about  this, but no response. Maybe they like snow blowing through empty parking lots in the winter? Have posted a few accomodation reviews on this forum - K's Motel in Vars, (excellent) 31 Motel in Winchester (avoid) and the two mentioned above.

Anyway, look forward to visiting your district again this year.

I checked the 2012 D1 map & it a mix of ads. Maybe it was a club map that I had gotten a hold of.

Archived