Will the OFSC allow this

FreezerBurnt

Try having your truck Krowned it works I have a 25 year old truck in the fleet no rust

It works okay, but try and find a Krown dealer that won't tell you "the soap you used to wash your truck went bad", when you return to try to get restitution for trim etchings that the Krown product at this particular dealer burned into. Going with Corrosion Free next time.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After having read the first few posts in this article and realizing it is not about electric cars or rust proofing, here are my thoughts (if you'll excuse the expression) If the city council of Kenora and the businesses there want to attract winter tourists, encourage local businesses to provide refunds for services up to the cost of a sled trail pass. Maybe the restaurant gives $5 off, the hotel/motel $50, gas rebates, etc. User carries around a punch card to record each purchase. They have to buy a trail pass first in order to participate. Maybe throw in a season long poker run while they' re at with prizes related to summer tourism.

I'd go. I like Kenora. Kenora has actually won a Stanley Cup.

• 2 weeks later...

.. provide refunds for services 

Interesting that you mention this, Slomo.

At the powersports show, a Quebec district rep was adamant that I save a 30 percent off coupon in a pocket and not file it with the rest of the materials. It's required to claim a discount from local hotels and restaurants .. and it's only available from the show. She was serious. I kept it separate. 

Your idea is actually better (if you can believe it) .  Require a trail pass and get discounts in increments. Like a CAA card on steroids. Great idea.

(Comfort Inn required production of the card for $89 hotel rooms years ago. I've always connected Comfort Inn to snowmobiling and felt that the chain supported sledding. Mark's Work Wearhouse was a little different. Always a battle when you produced that paper card, with a cashier who didn't understand the code and a line-up behind you. One card - we'd use it - retailers would 'get it').

Interesting that you mention this, Slomo.

At the powersports show, a Quebec district rep was adamant that I save a 30 percent off coupon in a pocket and not file it with the rest of the materials. It's required to claim a discount from local hotels and restaurants .. and it's only available from the show. She was serious. I kept it separate. 

Your idea is actually better (if you can believe it) .  Require a trail pass and get discounts in increments. Like a CAA card on steroids. Great idea.

(Comfort Inn required production of the card for $89 hotel rooms years ago. I've always connected Comfort Inn to snowmobiling and felt that the chain supported sledding. Mark's Work Wearhouse was a little different. Always a battle when you produced that paper card, with a cashier who didn't understand the code and a line-up behind you. One card - we'd use it - retailers would 'get it').

They are horrid for that

what about that black box that supposedly directs an electric current that prevents corrosion,anyone try that?

Works great! Have one on my 2004. Looks like it came off of show room floor after 220,000kms!

Bought a 2013 jetta tdi, my combined average is a consistent 5.1L/100. I just had the first oil change done and am averaging 4.8L/100 on this tank; not sure if that is a coincidence. Also

picked up an ml320 for my wife with the 3l

diesel, she is averaging 8.5l/100. I am

completely sold on diesel.

Stay away from places that sell bio diesel. It will ruin your fuel pump and injectors!

Archived