Is there any lodging in Manitouwadge?

TRICKPaint

Used to stay at the big hotel in town there. They had units across the street also with a nice hot tub. I think it was called the Manitouwadge Motor  Hotel?... I have tried calling, but the number no longer works.   I painted some murals for them that said "Come play in the Extereme."

no longer in business. there are a few bed and breakfasts in town and some rental homes. sled north vacation home rentals is a good start. there are no more groomed trails in around, going to or from manitouwadge. it is an offtrail only area at this time. Ski

"at this time"

Way to be optimistic! Not bad for an off-trail rider, lol. 

Any word on grassroots support  for clubs, trails in that area?

not enough support. too few people to do the work. Ski

That's to bad... So I'm going to take a guess that the trail up to Caramat and on to Longlac is also not being groomed?  Is the south part of the old loop still in the works? Like from Wawa to Marathon?

nope, all closed at this time. I beleive, longlac has the greenstone local loop, for locals and tourists willing to drive. there are no groomed trails west of dubreuilville now. white river, mani ect... are closed. unsure about marathon, they may have local loop trails.  you cant get from wawa to the soo without the huge detour through chapleau... IF the snow is good enough. that trail does not open every year. DO NOT COUNT ON IT BEING OPEN EARLY EVER. Ski

Thanks! I have done the big loop from Echo Bay up to Wawa and back down through Chapleau. It was before Halfway was there. Had to use Wallie's gas stash from the Bristol.

I was hoping this would be the year I would round up a few guys to do the Snowtrain up to Hawk Junction, ride a day or two around Wawa and Dubreuilville and then back to Echo Bay.

Hope it is still possible.

Here are the murals I painted there on the side ot the hotel next to the out side hot tub.

post-23237-0-42829500-1372196641_thumb.jpg

TRICKPaint, check the link in my signature for lodging info. We stayed at a B & B in M'wadge a few years back. It might've been the last season trails were groomed to the town.

Archived