proposal - sled show district draws/donations

slomo

Just noting the number of club AGM's and season wrapper uppers taking place - maybe this idea could be considered.

Due to the popular information on OFSC interactive map more sledders are trailering to a lot of different districts / club during the season. Myself, I only have one sled and will buy one trail pass next year.

In order to help support other clubs and districts where I have been, was wondering if they would set up a draw or even a donation box at the sled show next October. District 1 had a draw last year and as I had been on their trails the year before, made a point of buying a ticket.

I would also be amenable to donating any difference in money for an early discount trail permit and the amount for a regular permit to districts that had collection barrels out as well.

(maybe a box marked "toonies for trails' or similar)

Just noting the number of club AGM's and season wrapper uppers taking place - maybe this idea could be considered.

Due to the popular information on OFSC interactive map more sledders are trailering to a lot of different districts / club during the season. Myself, I only have one sled and will buy one trail pass next year.

In order to help support other clubs and districts where I have been, was wondering if they would set up a draw or even a donation box at the sled show next October. District 1 had a draw last year and as I had been on their trails the year before, made a point of buying a ticket.

I would also be amenable to donating any difference in money for an early discount trail permit and the amount for a regular permit to districts that had collection barrels out as well.

(maybe a box marked "toonies for trails' or similar)

Slomo you are one of a kind. I would wish that your generous/grateful attitude would spread thank you.

catchy phrase toonies for trails.... too bad there aren't more who see the great value in the trail system... too many people feel they are entitled and want something for nothing.

Great idea. Put a box every 10pm and no more permits. Everytime you go by a box, have to put in 2 bucks. Lol. Sounds good in theory.

who knows... with the way technology is going one day it may work like the 407. Wireless, solar powered cameras on the trails take pictures of the sleds that pass and you get a bill in the mail for the distance you rode... not likely to happen anytime soon but at one time going into space or even the moon was considered sci-fi, heck even cell phones were

Archived