April 1st and I rode 300klicks today great end to a season

FreezerBurnt

We went up the FW onto the Red up to Peterfield, then to the Lake and to Gimli, crossed over to Grand Marais and rode in the Belair Forest to the Jackfish hut

When we decided to head back, my pull cord snapped spent an hr trying to get it started, Canada 4 blew a belt earlier on the big lake and I laughed, Karma is a bitch

April1stBlownbelt_zps3cb9de24.jpg

Here I am without a starter rope a couple hrs later LOL

April1stfrigingstarterrope_zps9e4459dd.jpg

trails were 9-10 for the most part, in Grand Marais and Netley the cattail/reeds ate up the snow a bit, the River and Lake were fast and lots of lube due to the snowfall yesterday

April1stNetley_zps4aa8f1f9.jpg

APRIL1STlAKEwINNIPEG1_zps3fa405dc.jpg

April1stXCRandDerek_zps81c898d4.jpg

April1sttrailtoBirchwoodInn_zps077245e7.jpg

April1stJackfishXCR_zps9a2757c6.jpg

April1stBelair_zps9b2c0f56.jpg

April1stBelairforest_zps519dc8fd.jpg

April1stJackFishhut_zps2bfce9f0.jpg

aPRIL1STINSIDEjACKFISHHUT_zps82acb418.jpg

300km ride(186.6miles for Big Fuse) think I am going to call it a season kinda broke now

April1stseason_zps0ca6deb5.jpg

April1stXCR_zps883d1cce.jpg

2889 klicks for this season best in nearly 10yrs

great pics & report...glad to see you had such a good season...thats a sweet sled

awesome freezy! we had a great april fools day in Dub as well. we will be riding next weekend as well. been a great late season. after the way it started... i never would ahve expected this great of a year. Ski

awesome freezy! we had a great april fools day in Dub as well. we will be riding next weekend as well. been a great late season. after the way it started... i never would ahve expected this great of a year. Ski

great late season, and long for here, we had 10+inches of snow on teh ground since November 10th, If I did not run a hockey team every weekend Dec,Jan and Feb, I would have well over 4000klicks

suppose to get 3-4inches tomorrow, buddy wants me to fix my recoil and ride Saturday(30f) or Sunday (23f)

Not sure I have the drive though lol, got a club meeting tonight i might go to and sled show tomorrow night

here is a vid of teh conditions on Monday April 1st

I enjoyed the ride Freezy!

I did too until i snapped the pull cord lol

trail conditions yesterday

so tempting to go for another ride

April4thconditions_zps032e6b6c.jpg

April4thBHTBtrail_zpsf93b8e94.jpg

5-10cm forecasted

might try another rip Sunday

Gotta change the recoil rope 1st though and clean the carbs

Archived