Wildbill

Remember all the whining about the short season last year? We are now heading into our 12th week of trails do those who want a refund wish to pay a bonus this year ? No I did not think so however ma nature has evened it out and the trending would seem to be for better winters now. Having been in the industry since 1980 I have seen this before more than once. Winters like last years sunk snowmobile manufacturers in 1981. Arctic Cat and Scorpion went bankrupt, Ski Doo got a government grant to offer a spectacular buy 1 get the second buy 1 get the second one half price sale. Kawasaki discontinued production after the second bad winter in 1982. Then the trend turned around. Winters came back with a vengeance and they will again. I have enjoyed the resurgence of thrilled snowmobile posting it sounds as if many enjoyed a great year of riding in most of Ontario.

Remember all the whining about the short season last year? We are now heading into our 12th week of trails do those who want a refund wish to pay a bonus this year ? No I did not think so however ma nature has evened it out and the trending would seem to be for better winters now. Having been in the industry since 1980 I have seen this before more than once. Winters like last years sunk snowmobile manufacturers in 1981. Arctic Cat and Scorpion went bankrupt, Ski Doo got a government grant to offer a spectacular buy 1 get the second buy 1 get the second one half price sale. Kawasaki discontinued production after the second bad winter in 1982. Then the trend turned around. Winters came back with a vengeance and they will again. I have enjoyed the resurgence of thrilled snowmobile posting it sounds as if many enjoyed a great year of riding in most of Ontario.

It would be real impressive if there was still good riding to be had in central Ontario on Easter weekend. I am going to go with your prediction for the future Bill... I have absolutely no complaints about the quality and amount of riding available for this season. Keeping my fingers crossed for an even better winter next year....

Here's a concept for the OFSC... they want early sales....partner with the sled manufacturers for discount coupons on sleds or sled gear if you buy your 2014 permit at $210 in May 2013

Here's a concept for the OFSC... they want early sales....partner with the sled manufacturers for discount coupons on sleds or sled gear if you buy your 2014 permit at $210 in May 2013

90% those guys buy permits, so it would be a waste to give a $200 discount to someone who just spent $10,000-15000 on a sled

its the guys with the 2-6yr old sleds that should be buying permits that need a shot to the head

90% those guys buy permits, so it would be a waste to give a $200 discount to someone who just spent $10,000-15000 on a sled

its the guys with the 2-6yr old sleds that should be buying permits that need a shot to the head

That's why I suggested sled gear as well. Every year I end up getting something new, whether it be gloves or something. I would buy my permit at the before Dec 1 price in May if I was able to get a discount off of those gloves or the saddlebags or even better yet have it include parts which there is an enormous mark up on.

That's why I suggested sled gear as well. Every year I end up getting something new, whether it be gloves or something. I would buy my permit at the before Dec 1 price in May if I was able to get a discount off of those gloves or the saddlebags or even better yet have it include parts which there is an enormous mark up on.

possible as I get what you mean but there is no incentive for the dealer

I am a thrifty shopper

New HJC helmet with electric visor bought in June $96 reg $179

New Coldwave Jacket regular $279 bought it $130 3 weeks ago

New Castle ski pants reg $199 got it $100 3 weeks ago

That is my incentive shop late season or off season

the permit is a bargain

my fuel bill must have been $200 yesterday just on the sled

Just look online and the Ganny is showing as Green???? that must be a mistake LOL..

However was up North of Bon-Echo today in the car and where the number of trails cross hwy41 they looked really good from the road.

Things could easily last another week. :hyper:

It would be real impressive if there was still good riding to be had in central Ontario on Easter weekend. I am going to go with your prediction for the future Bill... I have absolutely no complaints about the quality and amount of riding available for this season. Keeping my fingers crossed for an even better winter next year....

First of all nothing in sleds has a huge markup, hasn't for years. Rosseau Road does offer a sale in the month of November if you show us proof of an OFSC pass.

Don't get caught staring out your window in 3 weeks when the snows gone asking yourself " why didn't I just go last week"

It would be more fun to talk what you did do on the snow this winter

First of all nothing in sleds has a huge markup, hasn't for years. Rosseau Road does offer a sale in the month of November if you show us proof of an OFSC pass.

I wasn't thinking the dealer has the large markup Bill. I was thinking more along the lines of the OEM manufacturers. Just like a grocery coupon the retailer honours it but the manufacturer pays it. For example if I was to buy a permit in May for $210 rather than wait until Nov I could get a manufacturers coupon for either a $ value or % value off of their OEM equipment. I know I need to get a new rubber strap to hold the battery in my wife's Legend 1000. I believe the part in the skidoo website is something like $22. I suspect skidoo is making a good margin on that. I don't believe the retailer is reaping the same kind of margin as skidoo is. So you pay the retailer full pop and get a rebate from skidoo.

Archived