Kap to Hornepayne conditions

Shivesy

Left Kap kinda late Friday morning from the Apollo motel. I was hoping to make it over to Hornepayne before dark. I mis judged the time for that route. We arrived in Hornepayne at 3pm. Way to early to stop riding and if I had it to do over again I would like to have made the trip to Wawa. Wawa is really not in route to Chapleau but I did enjoy the Magpie last time I was there. Anywho the son and I rested in Hornepayne there at Uncles and the food was really good. The resturant seemed pretty darn busy.

The trails from Kap to Hearst was just amazing. Smooth, flat, and wide.

90AADBE5-0780-4D42-96BF-7151645B6971-33800-000001D67E8E5882.jpg

I think we saw 2 sleds in the 190 mile trip and those guys were just outside of Hornepane.

You can tell the snow north of Hornepane in a little lacking. The trails wern't groomed and really didn't need to be. The trails were flat and grooming them without more snow would probably do more harm than good. Them trails north of Hornepayne sure were fun though. There are a few 90• turns that will keep you on your toes thats for sure. Really had a fun time and we logged on another 190 miles Friday.

great report. enjoy the trails and have fun.

Archived