Rode from Echo Bay to Espanola

Shivesy

Left from Georgia Monday afternoon and drove all night in hopes of arriving in Ontario this morning. Everything worked out fine with the drive up. My son and I switched out of the drivers seat a few times in hopes to catch some shut eye before the first day of riding today. We started on the trail in Echo Bay at 10am this morning and was hoping to make the long trip to Sudbury in a day. This is the first time I have been in the southern portion

of Northern Ontario and things just didn't go as planned. The trails are in great shape and there is plenty of snow thats for sure. The grooming crew has done a spectacular job and my thanks goes out to the crew that is responsible for that task. Great job guys!!!!

The set-back we had was that I must have missed a sign coming into Massy or maybe there wasn't one. I don't know but we ended up on the closed trail at Birch Lake. To make a long story short we are at the Pinewood Motel in Espanola and look forward to heading into Sudbury tomorrow. 215 miles today.

B210E522-B752-4846-A774-7F6B98D120C5-1744-00000013613400EF.jpg

welcome back shivey! bummer on the missed turn.... always enjoy your posts. Ski

Parking on groomer tracks - great photo.

A buddy had issues in the Espanola area a couple of weeks ago. Locals drew him a map of the snow covered roads and he made it.

glad you made it...have a great ride

Ski..at one point the sun had just went down and it was right at dark. Both of these Yamis were buried 4' of snow, not really where I wanted to be. I mounted on one of those forehead type flashlights and we proceeded to dig these anchors out. Spun both sleds in a 180 degree direction and started to back track our path. It was one of those bitter sweet moments. Glad that we were unstuck but I'm all about moving forward and needless to say I wasn't a happy sledder. Sure could have used one of your off trail sleds to pull us out.

Now after a good night of sleep lets see what today has in store for us.

Archived