11 day snowmobile vacation district 6,7,10,11,12,13

Robelaine

We are planning a 10 day trip to ontario starting in pembroke and our firtst stop will be at the couples resort in whitney we are planning to ride approx. 300km pr day. We are from quebec and 2 years ago we did the northern part of ontario from new liskeard to hearst wawa... Now we want to do the section below that district 6,7,10,11,12 and wanted to go to sault ste marie but heard you could'nt go there so maybe elliot lake?

Can anybody suggest a route plan with luxury (beautiful) resorts along the way? We are on our honeymoon. Also how are the trail conditions in those areas? Is there anything special we should visit while we are in these areas...ex. Ice caves...we will do the rap tour and the ran tour. Since there are a lot of side trails (local trails) in district 6 and 7 and that there are probably alot of beautiful lodging we will do alot of spinning around on all the little side trails (non main trails) since we normally do a 300km trail in a

day.

We are leaving this friday the 1st of march, 2013

Hoping to get some comments...thak you.

Elaine

Bombardier 800r e tech renegade 2013

16,000km per year

Hope the weather is good for those 10 days

I'm embarking on a trip, so pressed for time, but the only suggestion I can make re: Pembroke is to stay (launch) from a trail accessible hotel. We stayed at Comfort Inn (Pembroke) and there was too much road travel. I believe that the Best Western is more trail friendly.

If I were to stay in that area again, it would be Pettawawa. Trails are right across the street from hotels.

TOP trail B from Pembroke to Beachberg (sp?) and then club trail 114 south is highly recommended. That will connect you to many areas.

The club trails near Mattawa are fantastic, as well.

Please pick up a RAP tour map, if you don't already have one. There might be one for RAN as well.

Also, be advised that a trail named "B101A" connects the TOP B to TOPA (in theory), in case you weren't aware.

Have a fantastic trip.

PS - Elliot Lake is a fantastic area as well.

We stayed at Dunlop Lake Lodge. Happened to be there for Valentine's Day (with my son!), and the dining room was nice.

Please research the Chapleau trails as to gas (on way north) and trail openings in that area. In Chapleau, we stayed at Valentine's Bed and Breakfast. Wonderful, family run operation.

You can make it to Sault Ste marie via the F trail. I'm from Dubreuilville North of Wawa. you can check my blog for more updates from my area trails. www.groomerguy.blogspot.com or on my facebook page http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-Groomer-Guy-Snowmobiling-InformationChat-Page/226435607416780

I update those place daly when I can.

We are planning a 10 day trip to ontario starting in pembroke and our firtst stop will be at the couples resort in whitney we are planning to ride approx. 300km pr day.

Whitney gas station closes at 6 Monday - Saturday. Closes at 3 on Sundays. My brothers and cousins learned the hard way.

The trail from Whitney to Haliburton is awesome. The only thing it doesnt get groomed too often, because it takes 14 hours. For a while there Haliburton only had 3 of 6 groomers working. I believe they have 5 now. Usually they will groom the Friday before the weekend, but who knows. Huntsville, Bracebridge and Gravenhurst are awesome for gas and anything else. Thats all I can tell you for your trip. For more information ask the clubs themselves on the other forums.

Muskoka - http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/forum/36-muskoka-lakes-snow-ta/

Kearney -

North Bay - http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/forum/41-north-bay-sc/

Sault Ste Marie - http://ontarioconditions.com/forums/index.php?/forum/42-sault-trailblazers-sc/

Hows the trip going?

Archived