Timmins area ?

shawnj

Does Timmins have some day loop trails or are they mostly a stopover for travelling snowmobiliers?

Im not familiar with that area at all and may be looking for a day or two in the area. Thanks.

Maybe Chochrane would be better for a 2 or 3 day trip then

are fair as loops,,, 1. u can do in a day, timmins to Iroquois Falls to Cocharine and back , me and the wife did it a in about 6 hours,,,, took our time .

2.town loop , takes about 2-3 hours.

other than that u ride somewhere and come home the same way.

hope this helps

Yes anything helps. That tour sounds nice. I had no idea you good do that in a 6 hour trip( +/-)

Is Cedar Medows good trail access and have gas?

Yes anything helps. That tour sounds nice. I had no idea you good do that in a 6 hour trip( +/-)

Is Cedar Medows good trail access and have gas?

Cedar meodows right off trail nice place , no gas, we usually get gas at the ESSO truck stop right of the trail

hope this helps

zrtkat

What's the best highway to Timmins from N. Bay? Hwy 11 or Hwy 144?

What's the best highway to Timmins from N. Bay? Hwy 11 or Hwy 144?

11 is better taken care off, and is safer than 144

I figured 11 likely better. Its what, 4 or 5 hrs from N. Bay????

Were stayin here in N. Bay a cpl nites then may head north.

I figured 11 likely better. Its what, 4 or 5 hrs from N. Bay????

Were stayin here in N. Bay a cpl nites then may head north.

4 hrs

If I was to do day rides from a northern destination, I would pick Kirkland Lake or New Liskeard. We just got back from our saddlebag trip. We parked at the Econolodge in New Liskeard, trail goes thru their parking lot ( rooms 89.99, sled rate)..We rode to Kirkland Lake, stayed at the Kirkland Lake Inn, then on to Cochrane (Bestwestern)..One of the nicest trails outside of NL was the A trail to the L161 to L162. All the trails were top notch. The most snow is in Kirkland Lake. Just seems to be more options for day loops. The A108 going north out of KL had 7km of logging, lots of snow on the road..other than that, the A and the L103 were excellent. The trails were not busy.

Archived